Brand Manager - MJB Bergdorf Goodman NYC
Brand Management | New York, NY | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Brand Manager leads and drives the business in order to achieve the sales and profit objectives in partnership with the Regional Manager for Marc Jacobs Beauty(MJB). The Brand Manager is focused on executing strategies at the store level as developed by the Brand Marketing Team, Buyer and Regional Account Manager and Director.This role is responsible for creating strong business partnerships throughout the store as well as motivating and nurturing the sales team to meet the needs of a growing business. The Brand Manager is responsible for ensuring the visual merchandise standards are maintained at all times.
- Achievement of established retail sales goals as set forth by the Regional Manager and Director
- Achievement of clientele growth as outlined by the Regional Manager
- Achievement and execution of In Store events including achieving the sales goal and execution of event set up as directed by the Regional Manager
- Motivate in store staff to maintain the best in class standards with customer service and overall client experience. Communicating any issues or opportunities to the Regional Manager.
- Create seasonal business strategies with the Regional Manager to support corporate and in store events.
- Implement and maintain corporate merchandising guidelines to ensure the brand integrity at point of sale at all times.
- Identify and communicate merchandise assortment opportunities and issues to the Regional Manager
- Identify unique opportunities within the store to drive the business in partnership with Regional Manager
- Identify outreach opportunities within and outside the store to increase clientele and retail sales
- Brand builder and ambassador
Education & Training
- Ability to effectively train and educate store team members
- Determine training opportunities
- Leverage all brand training materials and best practices with the in store teams
- Communicate any needs and opportunities with education tools to the Regional Manager
- 5 years of related store leadership experience: Beauty and Luxury Retail experience preferred
- Must exhibit the ability to develop strong relationships with various departments in each location to maximize sales, cultivate strong relationships and collaborate with all levels of store management including: Store Managers, DM’s and Buyers.
- Strong people skills to motivate and maintain selling team
- Must demonstrate strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives on an environment that is customer service-oriented
- Possess strong collaborative skills to work with the selling staff as well as with all levels of Bg store team members
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times, calm under pressure, operate with high level of integrity
- Team player who builds strong, effective relationships