Brand Manager - CONTRACTOR
Brand Profit | San Francisco, CA | Contract
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo is seeking a highly motivated strategic thinker to drive channel management and deliver on sales goals. In addition, the Brand Manager will support new initiatives to ensure profit is maximized. The role will report to the Director of Brand Profit.
This will be a 6-9 month contractor role
- Build best in class partnership with retail channels to effectively maximize working relationships and deliver on sales goals
- Drive brand obsolescence strategy to minimize inventory liability and maximize sales
- Be a brand advocate internally & externally pitching to further sales goals
- Provide channel sales recaps, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Assist in presentation preparation and on-going support for management meetings
- Additional projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of related business experience, color cosmetics experience preferred but not required
- Previous exposure to Merchandising, Buying, or Account Management experience a strong plus
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, communication, and analytics skills
- Strength in manipulating, analyzing, and synthesizing large datasets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple priorities and work within a matrixed organization
- Keen attention to detail
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and client service-oriented
- Highest level of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure
- Team player
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills