Brand Management, Fenty Beauty, Internship
Internships | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
ABOUT SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIPS
Kendo Brands Summer Internship is a paid, 8 week program where you will be focused on an assigned project, while being introduced to and fully integrated into the daily activities of your team. For Summer 2021, our program will be 100% virtual. You will get the opportunity to explore a department and learn what it is like to develop a career at a beauty brand incubator. Our internships will include exposure to senior leadership in the Kendo organization and regular check-ins on internship status. Interns will also get an opportunity to learn about LVMH and how Kendo fits into the LVMH family.
Applications for the Kendo Summer Internship Program will be open from April 1 – April 16. Applications will close on April 16 at 5 pm PT. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ+, military status and people with disabilities.
Qualified candidates must be rising juniors or seniors, or no more than one year post graduation. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Kendo’s internships will be a fulltime 8 week program. Candidates must be available to work either June 7 – July 30 or June 28 – August 20.
As a Summer Intern you will contribute to an array of brand management projects for Fenty Beauty and will be tasked with responsibilities that directly impact business decisions and product strategy. Your responsibilities will include a combination of competitive and category analysis, presentations, and assortment development.
- Analyze the global competitive environment of specific beauty categories and brands
- Define a customer segmentations framework and prioritize based on business potential
- Develop and organize key customer insights across behavior, preferences, decision drivers
- Develop product briefs and product pitch decks
- Rising junior or senior, or class of 2020 or 2021 graduate pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business management
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow-through and task completion
- Strong oral and written communications skills and sense of humor
- Strong team player, ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Creative problem solver with sense of curiosity; able to work independently to produce quality results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook