Brand and Marketing Manager
Marketing | Sydney, Australia | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Bite and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
POSITION: Brand and Marketing Manager (Australia & New Zealand)
REPORTS TO: Brand and Marketing Director (Australia & New Zealand)
LOCATION: Kendo HQ Sydney, Australia
The Brand and Marketing Manager role oversees the implementation of sales and marketing strategies within the ANZ region for a portfolio of Kendo brands. The Brand and Marketing Manager will be directly responsible for delivering on the KPI targets including Retail Sales, Wholesale Sales & Operating Profit for their select brands. This is a 360 degree role, owning all brand management and marketing functions for their brands.
- Partner with the Global Brand Management and Marketing teams to set yearly brand ambition, sales goals and marketing strategies
- Work in partnership with the Brand and Marketing Director and Inventory Planning Manager to set, review and analyse retail/wholesale targets on a weekly basis
- Build and execute local marketing strategies to launch all newness and sustain core collections to achieve set sales targets
- Act as the day-to-day contact to our retail partner's category and marketing teams to ensure best in class delivery of brand marketing, sales and visual merchandising strategies
- Manage a Brand and Marketing executive to ensure key administrative deadlines for are met
- Responsible for all aspects of in-store merchandising and fixture updates, ensuring they meets brand guidelines and reflect the ANZ assortment strategy
- Work closely with global brand partners and champion the needs for the region
- Partner with the Inventory and Planning manager to ensure product forecasts, inventory and obsolescence plans are all aligned to the brand strategies, including new launch forecasting
- Partner with the PR & Influencer Manager to brief and build out all PR, influencer and social strategies, ensuring all activities align with overall brand objectives
- Manage and track marketing budgets to ensure ROI targets are met and operating profit targets are achieved
- Prepare weekly, monthly and post-launch sales and marketing reports, providing feedback and recommendations to local and global team
- Influence the overall Kendo ANZ culture by proactively engaging with all members of the team and helping to foster a culture of collaboration, entrepreneurship and creativity
- Implement processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency for Kendo ANZ
- Collaborate closely with Education to ensure brand message is cascaded via retail team to consumers
- Lead brand strategy meetings and retailer negotiations
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a Brand or Marketing role. Beauty Industry a plus.
- Strategic thinker and brand builder
- Team player that inspires others and collaborates cross functionally
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, Results-oriented.
- Strong presentation skills, able to present data and story tell to small and large groups of internal/ external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills high level of integrity
- Can do attitude, flexible with a ability to work with a level of ambiguity
- Ability to deploy ideas effectively and present to Senior Management
- The ability to contribute to building the core values and culture of Kendo Brands