Batch Prep, Compounding
BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
Handcrafted in Toronto, BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea; create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing each and every product in-house, BITE Beauty manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
This position will report to the Compounding Manager. The Compounding Artisan - Batch Prep (day Shift) will be responsible for assisting with the overall production and inventory of lipstick and pigmented bases in compounding. These are inclusive of milling pigments and preparing batch ingredients for production teams.
This position will be a day shift that runs from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty, and Fenty Beauty. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
- Full cycle lipstick base & pigment production, weighing, melting, milling and molding
- Ensuring all ingredients are measured and batched precisely according to SOPs
- Weigh raw materials (waxes, oils, etc.) required to manufacture batches using scales, graduates etc.
- Operate scales, hotplates, homogenizers, and milling machines as required
- Work in compliance with provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and all company safety policies.
- Previous experience working with scales, hotplates
- Previous experience in milling with triple-roll mill preferred
- Excellent vision and attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.