Associate Video Producer
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temporary
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Associate Video Producer will be responsible for supporting the management and execution of small to large scale video productions across all Kendo brands. This is a temp-to-hire position with a temp evaluation for up to 6 months.
- Collaborate with marketing, education, brand, and creative teams to create high performing video content
- Assist Producer in managing all projects using tools like Box, Outlook, and Smartsheet
- Own all billing - gather invoices from vendors, process through accounting software Medius, and track outstanding payments
- Responsible for all vendor paperwork
- Assist Producer with model casting by reaching out to agencies, building casting decks, presenting to business partners, negotiating rates, etc.
- Assist Producer with creating shoot docs, including creative decks, shot lists, schedules, etc.
- Track usage of talent, music, etc. on SmartSheet database
- Source wardrobe, props, and stock music when needed
- Book studio, locations, stylists, crew, catering, and all other vendors for shoots
- Coordinate acquisition and shipment of product to and from video shoots
- Prep and maintain production kit for all in-house and offsite shoots
- Lead or assist with quick turn, “down and dirty” social content creation
- Act as on-set PA - setting up studio, coordinating crafty/catering, running errands, picking up equipment, etc.
- Archive and manage footage log
- Route videos to project stakeholders on ProofHQ and manage feedback
- Archive and distribute final videos
- Act as the go-to for any production needs the team may have. This includes running errands, tidying the studio, standing in on set, etc.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Strong interest in video production and social media
- Strong technical skills with Mac Operating System, Microsoft Office, and Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- Must be up to speed with social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Experience shooting video with iPhone or DSLR is preferred but not required
- Good taste for aesthetics
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work well with others from different disciplines and backgrounds
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Highly organized
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment
- Go-getter attitude - always asks “How can I help?” or “What else can I do?”
- Most importantly, be open to learning new skills, getting your hands dirty, and having fun!