Associate Program Manager - Creative
Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Independent self-starter responsible for managing the creative development of packaging artwork for two Kendo brands. Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of packaging artwork & deliverables throughout the creative process, from concept development through final execution.
Manages packaging creation and delivery process (70%):
- Lead weekly status meeting, keep team leads informed and discuss status for each project
- Update weekly status report
- Actively monitor schedules and follow-up on internal copy/layout/mechanical due dates to ensure teams meet deadlines throughout lifespan of each artwork piece
- Follow up with team leads for missing packaging information (e.g., dielines, ingredient lists, copy, translations, UPCs, fill weight, etc.). Add dielines, ingredient lists, fill weights, UPCs to server.
- Work directly with Regulatory & Compliance team to track and confirm EU artwork approval
- Communicate projects to Production Artists and outline daily priorities
- Follow up on questions/approvals with internal teams
- Collaborate with Production Artist to confirm artwork releases and approvals of samples
- Actively participate in weekly Product Development and Operation meetings
- Track comp requests for photo shoots, Market Week, etc.
Manage artwork routing process (30%):
- Upload and route artwork in ProofHQ: ensure all questions are resolved and Production Artists are clear on changes
- Review/Check-in artwork from Production Artists
- College degree
- 1-3 years of project management experience in retail or agency
- Proficient knowledge of computer programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ProofHQ, SmartSheets
- Retail or beauty experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines
- The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated
- Passion for beauty and retail