Merchandise Planning | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Associate Planner will support the Director Supply & Demand; managing current retail partners and rolling out additional retailers/countries, while getting exposure to many aspects of the international duty free markets. The primarily responsibilities include supporting the supply and demand process by compiling data, analyzing performance across various operators, producing accurate forecasts to support financial budgeting and overseeing the receipt and processing of client orders. This role supports all international travel retail markets.
- Work closely with Travel Retail team, as well as Kendo North Asia team to provide and receive monthly sales forecast and sales reports.
- Consolidate, analyze, support or challenge forecasts to align with retail and wholesale sales budgets by retailer/account.
- Liaise with Merchandise Planning Team on retail sales and wholesale forecasts, ensuring that information is provided in a timely manner that is consistent with monthly Merchandise Planning timelines.
- Partner with Merchandise Planning and Inventory teams to ensure appropriate level of stock is on-hand at Kendo distribution centers (DC) to fulfill sales orders and meet monthly wholesale targets.
- Collaborate with TR Brand Team and Operators on projections for any launch events, promotion, and newness quantities.
- Minimize product returns (RTVs) and product obsolescence through accurate and constant forecast improvements.
- Work closely with Global Fulfillment and Inventory teams on shelf life requirements to ensure inventory at Kendo DC meets the specificities of each retailer’s market.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure inventory for all product testers are available for core items and newness at time of launch.
- Manage sales orders process, partnering with Global Fulfillment and logistics for timely turnaround, to secure monthly wholesale revenue.
- This position will require working with multiples cross functional teams including Operations/Logistics.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- 2+ year(s) relevant experience, Planning, Forecasting, Inventory Management a plus
- Interest and capability to be highly analytical regarding financial metrics
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and Excel based applications
- Comfortable speaking in teams and presenting information in a clear concise manner
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities & manage expectations
- Resourceful in seeking out information with little guidance
- Ability to work independently as well as cross functional teams.
- Availability to participate in and lead conference calls with international markets (early mornings/late evenings, depending on time zone).