Associate Manager, Social Media Marketing – Fenty Beauty
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
As Social Media Marketing Associate Manager, you will assist with the day-to-day management and execution of social media initiatives— posting across Fenty Beauty’s social channels, write copy for social post, pull analytics and reports for social campaigns, ideate content and campaign themes, help to build and deploy campaigns that engage, create and edit short-form content, and excite and educate the Fenty Beauty audience on new and existing products. The Social Media Associate Manager will be working with all cross functional teams.
Candidates should be on the cusp of social innovation and pop culture—always ahead of what’s next and trends within social and has a deep-seated passion for social media. Candidates should have strong verbal communication skills, as well as a knowledge of the digital media space, particularly in beauty. Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage timelines efficiently. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and have a can-do attitude. Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple on-going priorities at the same time.
- Create and edit short-form video content for TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, etc.
- Assist with the development and execution of strategy and content calendar for Instagram, Facebook and potentially other social platforms
- Partner with the Fenty Beauty social and influencer teams to development cross-channel social strategies and ideate custom content concepts that support brand initiatives and product launches
- Engage with followers and monitor conversations across owned social media channels from the brand’s voice
- Utilize analytics platforms and native insights to track platform performance, survey competitive landscape, and assist with delivery of weekly social recaps and reports for brand initiatives
- Actively participate in brainstorms and content/campaign ideation with strategic partners/teams
- Monitor pop culture and social media trends and events daily and identify relevant opportunities to insert Fenty
- Execute social support and communication for international activations and retail partners
- Capture content at brand events and activations
- Source UGC and write copy for owned social platform posts
- Deep passion for beauty, social media and culture
- Creative mindset that thinks outside of the box
- Strong attention to detail, responsible, extremely organized and a reliable team player
- Proficient time and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of leading social platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest) and the features each platform offers that can be leveraged to produce engaging creative
- 2-4 years’ experience with community management, customer service, and social engagement
- Qualitative research skills, including the ability to interpret social data and turn it into actionable insights
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Can demonstrate flexibility and composure under pressure
- Proactive go-getter and effective communicator