Associate Manager, Social Marketing, Fenty Skin
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Fenty Skin Social Marketing Team is responsible for storytelling and illustrating the brand’s DNA and content pillars through thumb-stopping, social-first experiences. As the Associate Manager, Social Marketing, you will help bring our brand DNA to life across multiple social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube. This will include leading community management campaigns/activations that drive brand advocacy and foster + grow our social community. You will also be responsible for executing our brand strategy and content pillars on TikTok by producing and filming original short-form video content that drive audience growth and engagement.
This role will report under the Manager, Social Marketing who you will also be working closely with to ideate brand-elevating marketing campaigns and differentiated evergreen content that build brand equity and loyalty for Fenty Skin.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, data-oriented, knows the competitive beauty landscape, has an always-on pulse on the social media landscape, and is a talented content creator who has a great sense of aesthetics and design. This is an exciting opportunity that will challenge you to act both creatively and analytically to help strategically grow Fenty Skin across multiple channels. If you’re driven to create meaningful social-first experiences between brand and consumer, then this is the role for you!
- Lead day-to-day channel management and operation including community management, copywriting, and content publishing across multiple social platforms (Instagram, Instagram Stories, TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube)
- Lead innovative community management campaigns/activations that drive brand loyalty and advocacy
- Assist in ideating and creating highly engaging short-form videos specifically tailored for TikTok and Instagram Reels, ensuring content ladders up to brand content pillars and help fuel channel growth and engagement
- Assist in ideation and development of first-ever marketing activations for every product launch
- Assist in ideation of both evergreen and seasonal content that help deliver on Fenty Skin’s overarching social strategy and KPI’s
- Champion the consumer voice—consistently update internal teams on social consumer perception and identify opportunities of growth and change to position brand as industry leader
- Report on weekly, monthly, and quarterly social KPI’s, ensuring growth metrics are on track to reach marketing goals and objectives—flexibility to help pivot content strategy and execution based on data results is crucial
- Monitor pop culture events and daily social trends for reactive content opportunities, ideating content ideas that insert Fenty Skin into relevant conversations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience creating and managing social media content for brand/owned channels, either in-house or at an agency
- Demonstrated experience and success with community management and customer service
- Proven track record of translating social data and KPI’s into actionable insights
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone of voice
- Exceptional photography and videography skills—ability to tell stories and create compelling content that captures the audience’s attention is key
- Immersed in the TikTok landscape and understands the algorithm + best practices for creating engaging beauty content
- Has a 24-7 pulse on all things Gen-Z and is well-versed on the latest social media trends, platforms, and services
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) or Final Cut Pro is a HUGE plus!
- Must be based in or willing to move to San Francisco (Work from home during COVID)
Please include a link to a portfolio site or samples of your work. Portfolios should include examples of previous social marketing campaigns/activations, in addition to any short-form video content created by you.