Associate Manager, Packaging Development
Packaging | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Packaging Development Associate Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development of quality, innovative, first-to-market packaging for the Kendo brands.
- Assist in the development of quality, innovative, first-to-market packaging for select projects
- Manage smaller projects as assigned
- Partner with team on component design and material selection
- Work closely with designers to execute artwork onto primary and secondary packaging
- Evaluate submissions with team for unified feedback
- Survey competitive landscape to develop best-in-class products
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners regarding timelines, costs, and MOQ
- Track samples and project status/progress
- Meet launch deadlines and gross margin targets
- Conduct package testing (compatibility, transit, drop, etc)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Request, follow-up and distribute samples in a timely manner
- Participate in brainstorms and concept ideation
- Gather and prep product comps for meetings and presentations
- General team support as needed (sample management, shipping)
- This job can be what you make of it!
- Must have a technical college degree with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Passionate about makeup and packaging
- Accessories/brushes and soft goods experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- There is no relocation assistance for this role