Associate Manager of BITE Beauty Education
BITE Beauty | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, BITE, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Associate Manager of Bite Beauty Education will drive initiatives to activate retail sales, oversee logistics and assist in the execution of training and event activities. This role will support the development and management of the reporting and digital communication strategy for KENDO’s Field Team, with the guidance of the Director of Education and Brand for Bite Beauty. Key partnerships with the Education, Content, Global Events, Brand Management and Marketing teams to ensure consistent and proactive communication between corporate and field teams.
This role will analyze business needs, identify areas of growth opportunity and provide project management for key initiatives for the field team at Sephora and SiJCP (gratis programs, Artistry Labs, Encores, TTT, Sales & Education Conferences, etc). This role will lead all support for the field team, managing comp distribution, Event planning & execution, sales reporting, communication of actionable priorities and training content updates to Kendo Education. Ideally, the Associate Manager of BITE Beauty Education would have experience in Field Sales, with demonstrated success in executing education strategy, training content and exceeding sales objectives at Sephora.
Operations & Logistics
- Manage gratis forecasting, allocations and budget for successful execution of multi-faceted gratis programs for Sephora and SiJCP that align with brand and product strategies, support key launches and drive core skus across all retail channels in North America.
- Manage allocation process of training materials and gratis for the field team, including negotiating costs with vendors, reconciliation of monthly expenses and involvement in budget planning for fiscal year
- Management and distribution of training tools to field team in support and to accelerate key launches and in-store activations, ie: comps, visuals, samples and training assets
- Manage all aspects of Sephora North America’s New Store Opening trainings, including tester kits, support materials and scheduling
- Manage all aspects of LipLabXBITE’s new store openings and Training.
- Manage field scheduling for all out-of-store training opportunities and large-scale education events (ie: SBES, SDCA, New Store Opening trainings, Artistry Lab, Encore, etc) to ensure maximum productivity within budgetary parameters
Development of Field/Store-line Initiatives
- Spearhead the development and execution of Sephora and SiJCP gratis programs and Elevated Expert outreach programs (internal influencers) to support key launches.
- Generate ideas for programs and best practices that will create sustainable programs to improve store training and sell-through
- Implement ideas and test ideas to measure product knowledge, store training retention and client service standards in stores
- Partner with Field Leadership to ensure field needs are met, acquire feedback on programs and incorporate changes as necessary
Field Communication & Reporting
- Manage all reporting related to the Bite team, including sales reports, brand communication and actionable priorities
- Provide ongoing feedback and insights from the field regarding sales performance, inventory, merchandising, product formula and componentry, artistry techniques and client services to cross-functional partners (Education, Content, Global Events, Brand Management and Marketing)
- Prioritize and plan work flow, ie: business analysis reports, information management and communication between field and corporate
- Thought-partner for various cross-functional KENDO teams (Global Education, Content Development, Brand Management, Marketing, Digital/Social Media) for conceptualization and development of training tools to support and accelerate key launches, event and training kits, digital training tools and launch support materials
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities as needed
- Support North America Field Sales Team and International education initiatives as needed
- Visit stores periodically to stay connected to retail environment
- Bachelor’s degree; 3+ years of Prestige Beauty or Field Sales experience required.
- Experience with, and full understanding of, the Sephora concept is preferred
- Superior writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Demonstrate creative and active problem solving ability to drive quality delivery for all projects
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Excellent project management skills, including proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Publisher, InDesign
- Ability to travel 10-15%
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.