Associate Manager, Marketing, Americas, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Rihanna created Fenty Beauty “so that women everywhere would be included,” focusing on a wide range of traditionally hard-to-match skin tones, developing formulas that work for all skin types, and pinpointing universal shades. Her vision, above all, is to inspire: “Makeup is there for you to have fun with. It should never feel like pressure. It should never feel like a uniform. Feel free to take chances, and take risks, and dare to do something new or different.”
The Associate Manager is responsible for managing multiple areas within the Fenty Beauty Marketing department, including supporting Sephora Americas channel marketing, project managing marketing collateral with Kendo’s internal creative team, creative brainstorming to develop marketing plans, experiential event planning, helping to manage PR requests, and helping with the development of high-profile influencer gifts. The Associate Manager has a unique opportunity to collaborate with numerous departments, including Sephora merchant and marketing partners, Social, Creative, Packaging, PR agencies and Brand Management, with exposure to a range of areas within marketing: PR, events, influencers, creative briefing, social marketing and marketing analytics. The role includes both independent and collaborative work and the candidate should have experience managing a wide range of marketing activations with a commitment to timelines within a very fast environment. This role will report directly to the Marketing Manager, while also working closely with the International Marketing Manager and Influencer Relations Associate Manager.
- Support Sephora Americas Channel Marketing
- Support Sephora and Sephora in JCP co-op activations, including animations, media, sampling, in-store events and report compilation to share with internal teams.
- Manage all printed collateral produced by the Marketing department, including drafting briefs, managing timelines, following brand and external guidelines, and working with external vendors to print and ship collateral, while meeting target dates
- Work closely with Brand Management team to coordinate planning of all activities.
- Support Global Influencer Gifting
- Assist in managing the creative and project management responsibilities for all influencer gift boxes and materials, including working with external vendors to build a timeline, deliver product comps and expectations, and managing all approvals for all stages of the prototypes.
- PR Coordinating
- Oversee meetings, agendas, tracking, delivery of press samples
- Manage global PR product and sampling needs by forecasting quantities needed for each launch, tracking availability, tracking costs, and ensuring ordering and delivery to PR agencies on time.
- General Marketing Support
- Spearhead meeting planning, logistics and any note taking/admin needs
- Support the team in ad hoc needs
- Be in the know on industry trends, as well as pop culture in order to support & ideate with the team
- Process all invoices with Accounts Payable, log each invoice under the payment’s respective budget code, and follow up with all vendors and AP on any payment questions.
- Help Marketing team in other areas of business support as needed
- Bachelor degree required
- 3-4 years of marketing experience
- Experience working with or at Sephora in some capacity is preferred (or similar beauty retailer)
- Knowledge and passion for the beauty industry and Fenty Beauty
- Creative thinker and brainstormer
- Social Media savvy
- Positive, resourceful problem solver
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial with a proactive approach to all projects
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Flexible mindset and willingness to adapt to new direction quickly
- Excellent communication and project management skills, including strong ability to quickly create presentations
- Able to work under pressure effectively & efficiently without losing cool, including keeping a sense of humor
- Team Player and Collaborator
- Must be 'hands-on' and get involved with the details.
- Excellent in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)