Associate Manager, Makeup and Artistry Education
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
As a key member of the Kendo Education HQ team, the Associate Manager of Makeup & Artistry Education will conceptualize and develop interactive training content, education videos, application techniques and client services for Kendo’s North America and Global training teams. This remote- based role will support Kendo’s Makeup & Artistry vision by assisting in the design of global training programs to support all distribution channels (Sephora, Ulta, international retailers) and KENDO’s North America Field Sales Team. This involves assisting the Artistry & KVD Beauty Global Education team with the development and delivery of training materials, digital tools and videos focused on artistry, product knowledge and client service to significantly impact education initiatives that deliver on-trend trainings for makeup artistry and techniques.
- Brand & Product Training Tool Development
- Assists in the global education content development for Makeup & Artistry. Conducting training needs analyses, leading ideation sessions with KENDO Field Team and retail partners, designing and editing training programs and materials, and researching training methods, technologies and theories of adult learning on an ongoing basis
- Digital & live Training
- Supports the creation & facilitation of brand and product training materials, digital tools, technology-based trainings and videos focused on artistry trends & techniques, product knowledge and client service
- Project Management & Logistics
- Manages logistical operations with print/collateral vendors and product for KVD education initiatives from start to finish, including but not limited to: tracking, timeline management, deliverables and file handoff
- Oversees KVD product launch calendar to ensure that training assets are distributed to the field team and tracks all logistics and that all communication is timely and accurate
- Assists with timeline management and content creation for Kendo Brands LMS
- Maintains creative and active problem-solving mindset to drive on time and quality delivery for all projects
- Global Education Adaptation
- Works closely with Global Education team to ensure on-time deployment of all content, tools, videos and playbooks to International partners
- Manages creation and deployment of global content playbook on a quarterly basis
- Leverages global market feedback to better understand needs of domestic and international retail partners, ensure that market-specific and cultural needs are met within programs, enhance program design and creation of customized training formats and tools
- Partnership & Competitive Analysis
- Meets with teams on a regular basis to assess further opportunities for growth and brand exposure
- Visit stores regularly to stay connected to project and programming execution and how they live in store
- Stay connected to other industry trends/philosophies within the retail and beauty space and proactively keeps up to date on artistry trends of the moment
- 3+ years of corporate Beauty/Retail education experience is required
- Minimum of 5+ Artistry/Cosmetics experience preferred
- Strong artistry skills preferred
- Superior Content Creation and insight into what resonates with social media and live selling platforms
- Superior writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with photo and video editing including but not exclusive to Procreate, inDesign, Photoshop & Final Cut Pro
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design
- Experience with, and full understanding of current distribution channels (Sephora, Ulta &international retailers ) concept is preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to self-learn
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%
- Ability to travel within markets and visit stores
- This position will be remote but will require travel to the Kendo Headquarters (San Francisco) once a month or more (flexible)