Associate Manager, International Education
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Associate Manager, International Education is responsible for the planning, adaptation and implementation of education programs for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Kat Von D Beauty, March Jacobs Beauty, OLEHENRIKSEN and Bite Beauty, in support of our International retailers (SEPHORA Europe, Southeast Asia, Australia, Middle East, Latin America & Department Stores in the United Kingdom). This dynamic individual excels at project management for the full life cycle of key brand education initiatives and adapting education plans that are unique to each region, retailer and market. Additionally, this person possesses exceptional communication skills, maintaining relationships with internal and external partners to help drive best-in-class practices across the globe across the complete Kendo brand portfolio.
International Education Management
- Lead bi-weekly education meetings with Brand Management teams and International Kendo counterparts to drive brand and product strategies; includes managing the agenda, leading the meeting, and actionable recaps
- Manage communication cadence across international teams and brand partners by driving monthly recaps that highlight education levers and activations from the month prior, sharing out global content plans and strategies, and creating actionable follow-ups on adaptation needs
- Work closely with the Global Education Content Team to track deployment and timing of all content, tools, videos and playbooks to International partners. Gather feedback from International teams with market-specific, cultural needs to determine necessary adjustments to adapt to each region.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to drive planning, logistics and execution of all elevated Sephora and UK Department Store elevated training opportunities; including but not limited to: tester and gratis management, agendas and timelines, event walkthroughs, follow up and recaps.
Global Training, Content Adaptation and Communication
- Manage logistical operations with market adaptations (translations, pricing and assortment) for all education content, including but not limited to: communication, timeline management, deliverables and file handoff
- Analyze existing brand education programs and elevate training initiatives and events to suit international markets, helping to guide the future of the education programs
- Build and maintain International Education library with existing and new training assets and videos across all international channels. Deploy and communicate when updates and additions are added to Kendo International counterparts.
- Maintain yearly education calendar of training programs and initiatives across all international markets
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities based on the needs of department and KENDO portfolio
- Support International and North America education initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of Prestige Beauty and/or corporate Retail Experience required
- Experience with, and full understanding of, the Sephora concept; international and department store experience is a plus
- Demonstrate creative and active problem solving ability to drive on-time and quality delivery for all projects
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Excellent project management skills, including proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Publisher, InDesign)
- Ability to travel 5-10%