Associate Manager Education - Fenty Skin
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
As a key member of the Education team at the Kendo Brands Headquarters in San Francisco, the Associate Education Manager, for Fenty Skin will help conceptualize and develop interactive training content, education videos, client activation programs and service initiatives in support of Global Retailers (Sephora, Sephora @ Kohls, etc), FentySkin.com and Kendo's Field Teams. This role supports the brand vision through the analysis, development, and implementation of channel-specific education programs that reinforce brand equity and drive sales through various methods of delivery - digital learning, virtual and live trainings, point-of-sale coaching and client services.
The Associate Education Manager, for Fenty Skin will work closely with Internal and external stakeholders to create innovative education programs that teach the skills and behaviors necessary to bring Fenty Skin's DNA and Rihanna's vision to life. This role will develop training materials, digital tools, and videos focused on product knowledge and client service that deliver against business and brand objectives for Fenty Skin. We require a high level of creative and writing skills, with proven ability to delivery effective communication across different platforms.
GLOBAL EDUCATION & CONTENT
- Develop brand, product and client service training assets for new and core products based on strategy needs
- Localize & develop training content for international teams; distribute education content plans to international teams with proactive and consistent release of new tools & assets
- Build education programs for various methods of delivery, including digital LMS/e-learning modules, facilitator-led classroom, in-store trainings, and point-of-sale coaching
- Brief Creative teams with content, digital learning assets & project manage timelines for deliverables
- Manages logistical operations with print/collateral vendors for education initiatives from start to finish, including but not limited to tracking, timeline management, deliverables, and file handoff
- Find new ways to educate based on clients’ needs that result in conversion to the brand
- Competitor analysis for core and new launches with existing and new brands
CROSS FUNCTIONAL & RETAILER TEAMS
- Represent the Global Education team during Fenty Skin cross-functional team meetings. Bring learnings and recommendations to ensure the needs of the businesses are being met in regard to educational tools and strategies
- Collaborate with Brand Management, Marketing, Creative and Product Development teams to ensure consistency of product information and strategic objectives for all education materials
- Partner with VP, Global Education, Retailer & EDU Department leaders in development of Field Sales Conferences, Retailer Training Events, to include establishing meeting priorities, agenda planning, sourcing of external speakers and facilitation of meeting topics
- Oversee Fenty Skin’s product launch calendar to ensure that proper comp distribution to Kendo's Field Team and tracks logistics, ensuring that all communication is timely and accurate
- Meet with retailers (Sephora, Sephora @ Kohls, SiJCP) to assess further opportunities for growth and brand exposure
- Develop content and assist in leading North America and International training webinars for Fenty Skin
- Update North America Field Team during monthly calls to review new launches, core focuses and retailer activation initiatives
- Educational training to increase the skill set of internal teams focused on client conversion, demonstration, and sales techniques
- 3+ years of corporate Beauty/Retail experience is preferred
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design
- Superior writing, editing & organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international)