Associate Manager, Demand Planning
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
We are looking for an Associate Manager, Demand Planning to join our dynamic, fast-paced team at Kendo Brands in San Francisco. In this role, you will be responsible for aggregated bottoms up, global demand, by sku/location, as well as management of an array of supplemental demand elements over a multi-year horizon. A passion for data and problem solving is required as you identify trends and synthesize demand signals to develop an accurate Demand Plan.
- Develop and track Retail Selling Baseline and Bottoms up demand forecast by sku, month, DC location
- Manage and apply rationalized Demand Plan factors for seasonality, promotions, expansions, new markets, while capturing overall brand strategy and performance considerations
- Present actionable demand plan insights by leveraging weekly/monthly data resources and analysis to share emerging Retail trends, performance guidance and overall business perspectives
- Identify emerging trends, risks and outliers to refine and protect the replenishment demand horizon to achieve service level targets
- Validate and incorporate Merchandise Planning partner updates for New Distribution and Retailer Activities
- Drive Post-Launch replenishment demand plan analysis and facilitate replenishment horizon updates
- Clearly articulate business demand drivers, identify opportunities and risks, and proactively collaborate with Supply Planning partners to support inventory strategies
- Ensure constant and accurate system demands while facilitating ongoing, progressive demand updates
- Troubleshoot demand plan gaps, out of stocks and fill rate exceptions to resolve with Supply Planning Team partners
- Manage Master Calendar activities to track and capture New Product Launches, Marketing Initiatives, Lifecycle and Cross functional milestones
- Oversee Data Maintenance activities and manage product attributes in Planning Tools, including program Lifecycle, Launch Dates, Item Classification and dependent data drivers
- Manage Phase-out Program demand plan to align with Brand strategies
- Facilitate Obsolescence and Optimization activities and cross functional collaboration
- Contribute to other Operations and Supply Chain initiatives as required
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- Experience with ERP/MRP Systems (Oracle, SAP, AX Dynamics)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Supply Chain Operations experience (Demand Planning, Supply/Inventory Planning, Supply Chain Strategy and Design, Logistics)
- Developed analytical, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Ability to process, analyze and distill large amounts of data and outlier identification
- Possess Intellectual curiosity and initiative, and willingness to accept new responsibilities
- Analytical approach while being process and efficiency oriented, and mindful of cross functional outcomes