Associate Manager, Brand Management, NA, Ole Henriksen
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
For Ole Henriksen, great skin begins with a positive outlook—an effervescent optimism and zest for life that allows you to glow from the inside out. His Scandinavian heritage and colorful nature led him to design a simple, joyful, yet powerful approach to skincare.
The OLEHENRIKSEN skincare collection is built on a product philosophy of exfoliate, treat and soothe, which originated in Ole’s Beverly Hills spa, to bring incredible, transformative results to clients all over the world. Each product in the line—from easy daily regimens to professional-strength systems—combines efficacious powerful actives, natural botanicals and essential fatty acids to address clients’ skin concerns. As a tribute to Ole’s spa heritage, intoxicating scents and luxurious textures create a total experience that delights the senses.
The Associate Brand Manager serves as the brand liaison for both internal and external business partners. Associate Brand Managers are responsible for the day to day business management responsibilities, executing merchandising and marketing plans and providing analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department. Additionally, the Associate Brand Manager maintains brand relationships, both externally with retailers and vendors, as well as internally with cross-functional partners.
Brand Strategy and Management
- Partner with Sr. Brand Manager of NA and Sr. Director to develop short and long term brand strategies to exceed company objectives; work with cross-functional partners to successfully execute
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships with internal partners
- Act as brand liaison for internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, marketing, product development, and operations
- Maintain key business documents: weekly business recap, seasonal promotional calendars, brand presentations, master assortments, kompendium, quarterly productivity reports
- Prepare and support management meetings
Merchandising & Assortment Planning
- Lead and execute seasonal merchandising updates from creative brief to in-store execution
- Work closely with Sr. Brand Manager, visual merchandising and creative partners, and external retail partners to bring brand story to life through in-store experience
- Responsible for managing the brand assortment globally and communicating changes in assortment to appropriate business partners
- Manage fixture and planogram process in partnership with Sr. Brand Manager
Reporting & Research
- Provide monthly executive sales recaps, key initiatives performance and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Research competitive category landscape to identify product opportunities and trends and make recommendations to drive the business
- Actualize and report updates to seasonal promotional calendars on a monthly basis; present key learnings to NA team
- Make recommendations based on research and sales trends
- Co-lead comps, gratis and sampling management
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 4+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times, calm under pressure
- Team player
- Project management expertise and experience a plus
- Passion for skincare