Associate Creative Director, Fenty Beauty & Fenty Skin
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for creating client-focused, high quality, digital and video assets. They will help implement brand look and feel through both direction and hands-on execution in a variety of vehicles including digital advertising, digital animations and video assets.
- Partners with Senior Creative Director to create global digital style guides to support the regions with campaign execution
- Using final assets, oversees creative direction of all digital marketing vehicles including, but not limited to organic and paid social advertising, digital campaigns, site updates, emails and videos
- Providing creative solutions that meet business objectives; presents creative to Senior Creative Director
- Attends photo shoots as needed and assists Senior Creative Director with shoot production, direction and postproduction
- Directly manages and coaches Digital Design Director and their team as they navigate through a large volume of digital creative briefs to meet the brand and marketing teams’ vision for each launch as well as dotcom business objectives
- Fosters strong partnerships with Brand Management, Marketing, Program Management; leading collaboration/working sessions to drive new ideas/solutions
- Monitors and advocates for process; proactively communicates with peers and Program Management to identify gaps and process improvements
- College degree; BA or BFA preferred
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in art direction and design in fashion and/or beauty retail or advertising agency environment.
- Experience in directly managing a team
- Proficient knowledge of Creative Suite’s design and photography applications on Mac Platform including Premiere Pro, InDesign, Bridge and Photoshop
- Agency or retail experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ease and polish in presenting at executive level, and in a variety of settings: small/large groups, direct reports, managers, formal presentations
- Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines
- Understanding of current fashion and beauty trends
- Understanding of production processes
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines
- The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated
- Passion for beauty and retail