Associate Brand Manager, Marc Jacobs Beauty
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Associate Brand Manager serves as the brand liason between internal Kendo departments and global department stores. Associate Brand Managers are responsible for developing and managing the day to day retail partnerships, developing holistic brand strategies driving product, and building and managing budgets to exceed financial plans achieving long-term growth and profitability. Ideal candidate must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Brand Strategy and Management
- Partner with Director and GM to develop short and long term strategies to exceed brand objectives
- Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships with both internal and external partners
- Work closely with Director, Brand Marketing, and PR teams to plan and execute all initiatives for global department stores
- Partner with inventory planning and Director to provide forecasts for each season and adjust forecasts as needed based on sales results
- Coordinate activities with channels including merchants, inventory, and .com partners to manage day-to-day business
- Act as brand liaison for internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, product development, international, and operations
- Create and execute event programs and strategies that will drive buzz, client acquisition and ultimately increase the visibility of the brands.
- Develop 360 launch plans for both new channels and new product launches.
- Maintain key business documents: promotional calendars, assortment master, newness calendar
- Prepare, support and lead meetings
Merchandising and Assortment Planning
- Assist in development of assortment strategy including promotions, launches, and sampling
- Lead and execute seasonal merchandising updates from creative brief to in-store execution
- Manage fixture and planogram process in partnership with Director
- Responsible for managing department stores assortments and communicating changes in assortment to appropriate business partners
- Make recommendations on exclusive product offerings (including GWPs).
Reporting & Research
- Provide weekly and monthly executive sales recaps and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Research competitive and product benchmark in order to identify product opportunities and trends
- Make recommendations based on research and sales trends
- Track and report on all key initiatives for the brand
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of related business experience, preferably in retail, beauty/fashion
- Strong management skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills
- Passion for beauty and client-focused
- Motivated self-starter with positive attitude and attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver & out of box thinker
- Comfort level tracking and analyzing business metrics
- Possesses and demonstrates strong negotiation skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times, calm under pressure
- Team player
- Strong taste level, work ethic and ability to identify trends
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented environment
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to travel