Assistant Store Manager, Lip Lab - Williamsburg
Lip Lab | New York, NY | Full Time | From $21.00 to $23.00 per hour
Position: Assistant Manager, Lip Lab
Status: FT (30-40 hours a week)
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: 160 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 10012 (Brooklyn)
Lip Lab is about more than just lipstick! We’re all about establishing an environment that encourages fun, self-expression and creativity. Is there a feeling better than finding the perfect shade of lipstick? At the Lip Lab we believe there is: Being the person that helps someone create a lipstick and experience that is uniquely theirs from the color to the flavor and even the name. So, if you enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others, being creative and helping people to express themselves and reach their fullest potential then this is the job for you!
The salary range for this position is $21.00 - $23.00 per hour based upon store location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location.
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will not only be assisting with the day in and day out operations of the store but will also help in building a fun, inclusive atmosphere that guests and employees will all want to be a part of. If you have a passion for color, leadership, teamwork and providing unique guest experiences then keep reading!
What we are looking for:
- Strong background in leadership, team building and delegation (minimum of 2 years’ experience is required)
- The ability to work in close coordination with leaders to ensure the business runs smoothly and successfully
- Someone who leads by example with a can do attitude and always goes above and beyond
- An inclination towards providing top notch guest service and promoting an upbeat party atmosphere
- An understanding of sales, targets and what it takes to drive a business
- Proficiency with excel, MS word, outlook, and google docs
- Ability to engage guests while multitasking and time manage to ensure the ultimate experience
- Flexible availability a must (our peak business days are Friday-Sunday; weekends are mandatory)
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Physically able to meet the demands of the job including the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, lift to 30 lbs, including the ability to kneel and squat.
- Ability to travel for company events, meetings & trainings when necessary and when store manager is unable to attend
What you will do:
- Working closely with store manager on building the business to maximize store sales potential
- Cascading business opportunities and sales trends to store staff
- Jump in as color expert when needed and guide guests with your expertise and creativity
- Create a strong, positive, and energetic environment for team through positive feedback/reinforcement and coaching of Lip Lab values and standards with support from store manager
- Train and motivate new hires to deliver great guest service and products manufactured to GMP standards
- Provide consistent and on the spot coaching/feedback to team members to encourage growth when manager on duty
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practice standards are being followed by team members
- Ensure hygiene and safety standards are always maintained
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive workplace (we offer regular diversity & inclusion training)
- A chance to express yourself and your love for color and artistry
- An opportunity to grow within a supportive company (we are expanding and will always ensure our employees are with us every step of the way)
- An ability to grow within the cosmetics/artistry industry regardless of your background (we hire across a range of industries: hospitality/service, retail, guest services, performance/arts, etc.)
- The Perks:
- Paid training: you’ll not only be trained on store operations, assisting with managing the business and the people but you’ll also get to experience the artistry and creativity that comes with being a color expert
- Competitive pay with the potential for sales bonuses
- Paid holidays and time off
- Fantastic employee discount: 40% off our in-store products
- A chance to have your artistry featured on our social media outlets
At Lip Lab our number one goal is to foster an inclusive, positive, and safe environment for our employees and guests alike. We are an equal opportunity employer that will always ensure our team grows with us.
If you are looking to work for a company that celebrates individuality, then look no further!
Apply today and let the good times begin!