Assistant Manager - Fenty Beauty
International | Birmingham, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is a new line of prestige colour cosmetics currently in development, to be unveiled in the Autumn of 2017. True to the off-the-charts appeal of its founder, the makeup brand is slated to reach a diverse global audience with its line up that Rihanna herself, no stranger to beauty is creating with Kendo through a close partnership.
As a true ambassador for Fenty Beauty by Rihanna in Harvey Nichols, the Assistant Counter Manager will manage the brand new counter in Harvey Nichols. This role is responsible the management of Fenty Beauty Retail Artists and ensures that the team represents the brand according to guidelines; assisting the counter manager in planning staffing rotas and coverage within budget; driving daily/weekly/monthly/annual sales goals; managing testers, samples, and other non-sellable goods within budget; executing in-store and out of store events and delivering an exceptional customer experience. This position reports to the Counter Manager to educate, coach and develop team skills.
- Manage, inspire and motivate a team of full/part time Makeup Artists including staffing rotation schedules, coaching of sales & artistry skills, and set individual sales goals.
- Set the example in exceptional product knowledge and service; lead team of Artists to create a flawless customer experience and a build a loyal clientele base to drive sales.
- Manage sales goals and payroll investment to achieve financial goals.
- Build and implement an effective clientele program that drives loyalty, drives sales and supports the achievement of sales targets.
- Create in-store activations and clientele programs aligned with the brand calendar for the market to support new product launches, core product initiatives, and key selling periods.
- Take a strategic approach to building and developing the brand business within the store.
- Build strong, effective relationships with Harvey Nichols management and within Kendo to drive strong business results and implement best practices.
- Develop a plan to continually develop and refine the sales, artistry and customer service skills of the team.
- Manage the tester and samples budget and ensure orders are placed on time to support the business.
- Models respect, initiative, enthusiasm, and flexibility at all times; representing the brand in a professional and ethical manner at all times, following all Kendo, brand and Harvey Nichols guidelines
- Builds effective, positive and collaborative relationships quickly with team and store partners.
- Excellent personal grooming standards
- Previous experience working in a luxury store environment.
- Accomplished, high level make up artistry background.
- At least 2 years of retail experience at the same level managing an account
- Proven ability to be strategic with strong business acumen.
- Can demonstrate experience of building and executing clientele strategy.
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate staff including conflict/resolution and problem solving skills.
- Experience in forward planning and achievement of financial goals.
- Proven track record of success as a Business Manager.
- Strong customer service, clientele and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills to plan & execute in store events.
- Have strong commercial awareness.
- Confident and professional.
- Must be a candidate who demonstrates a real knowledge and passion for the beauty industry
- Someone who is adaptable.
- Energetic, modern, with a firm yet fair approach.
- Demonstrates a drive for results.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manor to maintain positive brand image.
- Must be able to speak knowledgeably about Rihanna.