Artist, Lip Lab
BITE Beauty | New York, NY | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
POSITION: Artist, Lip Lab
STATUS: Part Time (weekends mandatory)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
LOCATION: Lip Lab by BITE – Soho, New York
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for color, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
Lip Lab by BITE has opportunities for creative and passionate Artists to join its growing team in Soho, New York.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Formula X, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, BITE and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
Artists provide clients with a unique and customized consultation on creating their own lip shades. Artists are responsible for the full process of color consultation through exceptional customer service and the hand made process. This position will be responsible for providing information on the BITE brand while creating a custom experience for each client or special event group.
- Providing exceptional customer service and educating all clients and walk in traffic entering our doors
- One-on-one and group consultations to create custom lip sticks by way of color matching through client driven feedback
- Sales and upselling on BITE Beauty Brand products
- Complete POS transactions
- Assist with Lip Lab day to day operations and housekeeping
- Opening and closing Duties
- 2+ years experience in a customer service environment,
- Clientelling and experience in cosmetics environments an asset
- Knowledge of Color Theory
- Motivated, team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Open availability (3-4 days per week), weekends mandatory
- Excellent communication Skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Only completed applications will be reviewed. We thank all for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.