Accounts Payable Specialist
Finance | Burbank, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for maintaining and processing of accounts payable transactions and associate month and year end activities accurately in a timely manner.
- Process AP invoices accurately
- Secure proper payment approvals to process invoices.
- Prepare approved invoices for payment
- Prepares accounts payable aging report for weekly payment disbursements and reviews payment run proposal with approval from AP Manager.
- Process all accounts payable payments.
- Oversees maintenance of accounts payable files and records.
- Prepare 1099s at year end.
- Responds to all vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and payment requests; resolves invoice discrepancies.
- Prepares invoice analysis on selected vendors prior to processing payments.
- Verify assigned vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions in a timely manner.
- Provides invoice schedule for month-end AP accrual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Entry level accounting related experience a plus.
- Proficiency with large ERP system preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic abilities.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within fast paced environment.