Tech PR Account Executive or Senior Account Executive
Public Relations | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Tech PR Account Executive or Senior Account Executive (Chicago/any remote location)
Looking for a way to make your mark? Ready to soar? At Karbo Com we work with company founders and tech stars to change the world.
We’re looking for people that know tech will give them opportunities nothing else will. You want the freedom to shine without being a small cog in a big agency. You also want Friday afternoons off, work/life balance and the opportunity to work in a fun environment with nice people.
Karbo Com is one of the most respected tech PR and digital marketing agencies in the world. We’re known for doing great work and all the awards we win prove it. We team with all types of tech companies, from stealth startups to billion-dollar enterprise brands. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive, and supportive mentoring environment where you can help shape the agency and your future. We fast track promotions, so your growth is only limited by your accomplishments and drive.
You should have at least a two-year track record of placing technology companies in trade publications and preferably the business press; or at least two years of experience as a tech reporter/editor. Journalists are highly encouraged to apply.
- Regular placement of companies and products in tech, vertical and business publications
- A creative mindset
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to think strategically on everything from planning, pitches, tweets, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and to see them through to completion
- Flexible with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Knows how to fly alone, but also loves being part of a team
- Preferably a college graduate with a degree in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, English or related field
Karbo Com rewards generously for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits are topflight and include generous cash bonuses, liberal PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, education, Friday afternoons off year-round, a yearly offsite (Las Vegas! New Mexico! Palm Springs! New Orleans in February!) and quarterly outings such as Giants games, sailing, bocce ball, spa days and wine tasting trips to Napa.
This position will work remotely from Chicago (or really from anywhere) with very occasional travel to San Francisco.