Public Relations | San Francisco, CA | Internship
“Want to intern at one of the hottest tech PR agencies in the country? We’re looking for an Intern for 3 to 6 months who doesn’t want to be a small cog in a big agency. There is the potential to turn into a full time Account Coordinator position. You’re passionate about technology and want to help great companies succeed. You also want Friday afternoons off, work/life balance and the opportunity to work in a fun environment.
Karbo Com is a respected, award-winning boutique agency that’s known for doing great work. We team with all types of tech companies, from stealth startups to enterprise brands. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment where you can help shape the agency and your future.
- Ownership of timely client, competitor and industry clip search and distribution for all agency clients every day. Proactively research and distribute.
- Preparation of complete, strategic and accurate and media and analyst briefing documents
- Manage the research, updating and pitching of the following areas, working with client account teams. This includes
- Editorial calendar opportunities
- Ongoing updates to ensure clients are included in any appropriate opportunities
- Speaking opportunities
- Provide general project management to accounts ensuring that projects are completed in a timely fashion.
- Take copious notes during meetings and disseminate to account teams when needed. Send action items to clients.
- Prepare agendas for client meetings and disseminate to clients at least 48 hours in advance.
- Maintain and update infrastructure list database. Ensure the infrastructure list always reflects the latest data.
- Respond to ad hoc client requests.
- Distribute press releases (over Wire and customized email lists)
- Research material for client and KC social media outlets and develop social channel content (articles, tips, etc.). Post at the required frequency.
- Arrange conference calls and client briefings. Execute all scheduling and Zoom logistics.
- Prepare timesheets and detailed client status reports.
- Ensure deliverables are error and typo free.
- Provide administrative assistant support, e.g., food and supply ordering, office prep for client meetings, running errands, etc.
- Coordinate logistics of KC virtual\on-site events, e.g., staff and client meetings, KC offsites, birthday lunches, holiday parties, etc.
- Aid in the research and development of new business presentations. Excellent command of PPT text and Adobe graphic design.
- Ability to successfully deliver results proactively.
- Work efficiently on multiple tasks; effectively serve multiple account teams.
- Demonstrate excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively research online.
- Take initiative to offer ideas and successfully see tasks through to completion.
- Computer skills (MS Office products, Cision, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP style rules and guidelines.
- Social media knowledge and experience.
- Ability to effectively manage time, resources and abide by budget standards presented by KC management. Enthusiasm about working at Karbo Communications, our clients and tech PR.
- At least one completed PR internship, preferably in tech PR.
- At least a four-year degree from an accredited college/university with a degree in communications, PR or a related field. May have an unrelated degree if you have strong PR experience.
Karbo Com rewards for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits for full-time employees are top flight and include yearly cash bonuses, generous PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, education, Friday afternoons off year-round, a yearly offsite and quarterly outings such as sailing, movies, bocce ball, spa days and wine tasting trips to Napa.
We’re located in the best part of SOMA — within two blocks of Philz, South Park, CalTrain and AT&T Park. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to Redwood City’s trendy downtown. We’re also within walking distance of Starbucks, Whole Foods, The Habit, Jamba Juice and retail shopping. While we are currently WFH right now, we will eventually be back in these offices and you will intern in San Francisco or Redwood City.
We are proud to have been named to PRNEWS’ 2019 list of Top Places to Work in PR.