Public Relations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Want to work at one of the hottest tech PR agencies and do the things that you haven’t had a chance to do in your current job–without having to work crazy hours? We’re looking for an Account Manager who doesn’t want to be a small cog in a big agency. You’re passionate about technology and want to help great companies succeed. Yet work life balance is important to you so you appreciate Friday afternoons off, a reasonable limit to the number of accounts you’re on and to work in a fun environment.
You should have at least a four year track record of placing technology companies in the trade and business press; or at least three years of experience as a tech reporter/editor.
Karbo Com is a respected, award-winning boutique agency that’s known for doing great work. We team with all types of tech companies from stealth startups to big brands. Our current clients include Internet of Things (IoT) giants TDK and RTI, Hootsuite, Sendinblue, and exciting startups. Our agency is the perfect place if you want a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment where you can help shape the agency and your future. We’re in the best part of SOMA–within two blocks of The Creamery, South Park, transportation and AT&T Park. Our Redwood City office is just across the street from the CalTrain station with quick access to Redwood City’s trendy downtown. We also have a New York City presence. While we currently work remotely, we plan on returning to our offices when safe and able to do so.
- Ability to run accounts on a day to day basis
- Knows how to build excellent client, team and stakeholder relationships
- Regular placement of clients in tech and business publications
- Creative and driven
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to think strategically on messaging, planning, pitches, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and to see them through to successful completion
- Attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Knowledge of effective social and other digital media
- Flexible with changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Knows how to fly alone, but also loves being a member of a team
- College graduate
Karbo Com rewards for results and actively mentors and promotes from within. Compensation is competitive and will vary based on experience and skills. Our benefits are top flight and include generous cash bonuses, Friday afternoons off year-round, PTO, additional paid time off over the holidays, fully paid medical and dental premiums, commuter checks, a 401K plan, paid cell data plans, conference attendance, fully paid educational opportunities, and quarterly outings such as Giants games, sailing, bocce ball, spa days, and Napa wine tasting trips. Everyone attends our yearly planning meeting where we determine goals, priorities and plans for the following year. Check out our Instagram.