Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
UX Designer at Kanjoya, INC.
San Francisco Ca.
The Kanjoya team seeks a UX Designer for enterprise-level web and mobile applications. The UX Designer will coordinate and collaborate with design, business and product teams on user research, stories and flows, interaction design, incorporating established visual design direction, wireframing and advanced Axure prototyping to conduct user validation and testing.
- Work as an ad hoc user researcher to understand complex customer and user needs based on the real-world context
- Create concepts for product backlog items with quick wireframes / sketches and facilitate design reviews
- Lead conducting usability tests, develop test plans, build prototypes and analyze results
- Participate in conversations starting in early concept development, providing input on and creation of wireframes and helping to form the nuances of the final design
- Prototype design in Axure 7 for stakeholder review and customer validation and testing. Prior experience in Axure is desired, but not required
- Manage communication and delivery aspect of UX artifacts with Agile and distributed development teams
- Support UX lead in day to day UX activities and tasks
- Assist R&D and design teams in updating our enterprise Axure prototype wireframes and specifications
- Effectively articulate ideas and direction both verbally and in writing
- A portfolio of proven user experience flows and concepts
- Two years of solid work experience with job roles such as UX designer / Interaction designer
- Web application design “Not websites” experience is a must
- Must be able to review a portfolio of work highlighting individual contribution
- Understanding of how and when to move between high level macro design and detailed design is a must
- Experience prototyping with Axure or other equivalent prototyping tools
- Knowledge of leading best practices and design patterns is a must
- Excellent communication and design pitch and critique skills
Desired skills / Educational requirements:
- Can write HTML & CSS or apply framework like Bootstrap and jQuery
- Experience with Mobile Application Design
- BS or MS Degree in Design, IxD, Information Architecture, HCI or Visual Arts
Kanjoya was founded on the principle that technology should serve to enrich lives. Our journey started in 2006 with Experience Project™, created to provide a platform for connecting people based on shared life experiences. People come from all walks of life to share stories and life’s journeys, from their happiest times to their most anguished moments. Experience Project has grown to become the largest living collection of shared experiences between more than 15 million people every month. People come to share and consume the stories that make us human, and to connect with others who understand them.
While Experience Project powers human-to-human connections, Kanjoya created Perception™ as a cloud-based platform for businesses to better understand their communities and individuals. Perception enables businesses to analyze and understand the emotion and intuition that influence action, known as intuitive analytics. Based on a decade of technical innovation, Kanjoya’s technology deciphers expression and achieves human understanding through technology.
We're a team of passionate, driven, creative, and fun-loving people who work hard and know how to celebrate our success. We have all the perks you would associate with a great start up, catered lunch, stocked kitchen, flexible environment, excellent benefits, and generous PTO.
Kanjoya is based in the Financial District of San Francisco. Investors include Floodgate, Baseline, SV Angel, and D.E. Shaw.