Technical Support Engineer
Customer Support | Yoqneam, Israel | Full Time
Kaminario is looking for exceptional, team-oriented people interested in driving development and market positioning of new enterprise storage technologies. The Global Support team at Kaminario is a critical part of our success, and we are looking for the best people out there. All of our successful employees should be comfortable and motivated to work in an environment where revenue is king and agility + energy are paramount. We take our customers’ success very seriously.
The support engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for company products. The successful candidate will also interface with all groups involved in the delivery and support of customer services and products provided by Kaminario.
- Provide in-depth technical support and work directly with customers, remotely as well as on-site, if required.
- Independently investigate and troubleshoot customer problems to resolution.
- Perform corrective maintenance activities with customers such as hardware replacements, and software configuration improvements.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, such as software upgrades, as needed.
- Collaborate with Global Support and Engineering on advanced issues.
- Provide in-depth product knowledge to facilitate the following:
- Understand and deliver on customer needs and requirements for the company’s product and with elements of the customer’s environment.
- Effectively advocate for improvements on the customers’ behalf to Engineering and Product teams.
- Write technical whitepapers and application notes.
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top support talent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the role of a Technical Support engineer with enterprise customers in different environments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the administration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage platforms, software, and architectures
- All-flash (SSD) array knowledge is a plus.
- Additional knowledge and experience in the administration and troubleshooting of the following:
- Connectivity Protocols (FC, iSCSI)
- Host Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
- Hypervisor Products (VMWare, Windows Hyper-V)
- Enterprise Storage Performance Profiling
- Replication, host back-up methods, and scripting are all plusses
- Experience with writing knowledgebase (KB) articles and documentation for product solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.