Technical Support Engineer
Customer Support | Needham, MA | Full Time
Technical Support Engineer Level 3 - SAN Storage, based in our MA HQ
Kaminario is the leading provider of high-performance storage for cloud-scale application providers including SaaS, e-Commerce, and Managed Service Offerings. We are a Sequoia-backed company and have consistently been ranked as the #1 storage platform for analytics-intensive, revenue-generating applications by Gartner. We are looking for exceptional, team-oriented people interested in driving development and market positioning of new enterprise storage technologies. The Global Support team at Kaminario is a critical part of our success, and we are looking for the best people out there.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for company products. The successful candidate will also interface with all groups involved in the delivery and support of customer services and products provided by Kaminario.
- We are looking for a team player who thrives on educating their teammates and learning new skill sets.
- Strong process management skills and the ability to create a process when required are key components for success in this role.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are essential for the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Provide in-depth technical support and work directly with customers, remotely as well as on-site, if required.
- Independently investigate and troubleshoot customer problems to resolution.
- Perform corrective maintenance activities with customers such as hardware replacements, and software configuration improvements.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, such as software upgrades, as needed.
- Collaborate with Global Support and Engineering on advanced issues.
Provide in-depth product knowledge to facilitate the following:
- Understand and deliver on customer needs and requirements for the company’s product and with elements of the customer’s environment.
- Effectively advocate for improvements on the customers’ behalf to Engineering and Product teams.
- Write technical whitepapers and application notes.
- Attract, hire, coach, on-board and retain top support talent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the role of a Technical Support engineer with enterprise customers in different environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Storage environments (all-flash array knowledge is a plus).
Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following:
- FC and/or iSCSI administration
- Linux administration
- Windows administration
- VMware administration
- Networking and LAN administration
- Performance profiling
- Replication, host back-up methods, and scripting are all plusses
- Providing remote and/or on-site support to enterprise customers.
- Writing knowledgebase (KB) articles and documentation for product solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.