Storage Sales Engineer Manager
GTM | Needham, MA | Full Time
Storage Sales Engineer Manager
The leading all-flash storage company, Kaminario is committed to driving innovation and redefining the future of modern data centers. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun loving disruptors. Our offices are cool. Benefits, competitive. Creativity, collaboration and comradery empowers us.
Want to be part of a high energy team that’s changing the storage landscape?
As a Storage Sales Engineer Manager you will provide leadership, management and direction to your team of Sales Engineers who support our prospects and customers during the sales process of Kaminario’s enterprise storage solutions. This is a very intergral role within a high growth organization. Working closely with the Sales leadership, the Sales Engineer Manager will assist with the design and implementation of the mission, strategy, and tactics for the Eaestern Region. Engagement and collaboration with senior management teams, key business partners both internally and externally are keys to success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct a team of Sales Engineers.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring of future Sales Engineers.
- Train, mentor and develop your team.
- Direct and participate in technical sales activities.
- Help in running Proof of Concepts.
- Participate in pre-sales analyses, development of technical content for bids and sales proposals, on-site product presentations, demonstrations, etc.
- Become an expert in the Flash Storage market and competitive environment.
- Contribute to competitor knowledge databases.
- Ensure customer information databases are updated correctly and timely.
- Provide feedback of customer responses and suggestions to the appropriate internal Kaminario teams.
- Develop and bring forward ideas and opportunities to enable Kaminario to expand and improve its offerings.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage.
- Proven ability to innovate, adapt, and execute in a dynamic environment.
Areas of Focus:
- Sales Management - Develop sales plans with your sales counterpart to make sure to over achieve of sales quotas is a priority.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and share feedback to improve service.
- Team Work - Able to build morale, group commitments to goals/objectives and recognizes accomplishments of your team, lead by example.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well and inspire respect and trust.
- Managing People - Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Provides regular performance feedback.
- Develop your team's skills and encourages growth.
- Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Displays orientation to profitability.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Work with integrity and ethically.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise storage environments.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- 5+ years experience as a pre-sales Leader.
- Experience with Channel Partners and Channel Eco-System is a plus.
- Travel throughout the region required.
Kaminario, the leading all-flash storage company, is redefining the future of modern data centers. Kaminario K2 is the world’s only all-flash storage solution that delivers the predictability needed to handle the highly unpredictable world of modern businesses, where customers demand speed and ease. To learn more, please visit www.kaminario.com.