Lab System Administrator
G&A | Yoqneam, Israel | Full Time
The Data Center system administrator will be part of Kamianrio lab team, the work will include software installation, system configuration, maintenance, performance reporting and client support. Candidate should have experience with MS Windows, Vmware, Microsoft Windows, and Linux. Strong communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems are critical.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of datacenter (laboratory development) of Linux-based SAN storage systems
- Assembly, install, and troubleshooting of different hardware (Servers, switches, PDUs, disk shelf, etc.)
- Monitor and supervise all the R&D lab solutions
- Work with all aspects of the lab, including equipment, supplies, software and technical documentation and procedures.
- Configure, Monitor and troubleshot different networks (1G, 10G, 100G, Fiber switches, etc.)
- Assist various departments in installations and removal of data center hardware as per requirement
- Monitor all data center assets for tracking information
- Oversaw capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipment’s
- Internal service for variant department and function – especially R&D.
- Asset management of the lab spare parts
- Help desk management (ticket systems and SLA)
Required Skills and Experience
At least 3 years’ experience as a system administrator
Experience in IT and networking (switches management, VLANS and troubleshooting, DHCP, PXE and more).
Hands-on system administration for various operating systems, Familiar with Linux OS, Windows and Vmware ESXi - a must!
Knowledge in scripting (Shell/Perl/Python) – advantage.
Organized, service oriented, excellent problem-solving skills, highly self-motivated with a sense of urgency; energetic, proactive, assertive and result oriented.
Multitasking and ability to work in dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
People-oriented -a must
Excellent verbal and written communications skills - English and Hebrew.
Preference given to residents of northern Israel.
** The work includes physical work in the labs (assembly and disassembly of servers, switches and disk shelfs hardware)