Director, Sales Operations
GTM | Needham, MA | Full Time
Kaminario is hiring! We are looking for a Director of Sales Operations who will have broad exposure to Kaminario’s business. You will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of our sales team and deeply focused on driving continuous improvement of a rapidly growing sales function.
Role and Responsibilities
- Critical team member providing leadership to all aspects of Kaminario’s go to market organization.
- Refine and manage the operational cadence for Kaminario’s global sales organization, including weekly sales calls and quarterly business reviews.
- Rigorous pipeline inspection, deal management and forecasting for teams. Responsible for implementing new programs to enhance predictability and accountability.
- Extensive involvement in and oversight of contracting and contract management function. Partner with Operations and Legal to support sales negotiations and contract templates.
- Design and manage optimal deployment of sales resources – quota, territory and compensation plans. Define performance measurement and management programs.
- Create and document process workflows and controls as they relate to the sales cycle. Optimize the quote-to-cash process with focus on automation and ease-of-use.
- Owner and administrator of on Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC). You will deliver leadership, decision-making and a roadmap for enabling sales technologies, working as a critical business partner to Kaminario's strategic projects and IT Teams.
- Manage and optimize direct and indirect channel selling strategies; Support other team members on new go-to-market models and pricing strategies.
- Create and document consistent process for account management.
- Take lead on strategic client action planning intended to monitor health status of clients in each business with focus on actionable plans as the result of client performance in areas such as utilization, profitability, and ROI.
- Other special projects as needed.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
The Director must exhibit superior quantitative, communication and operational execution capabilities. He or she must be able to think strategically, creatively and tactically. Other skills and attributes include:
- At least 8 years’ experience in sales strategy, sales operations or equivalent, with significant sales team exposure. Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
- Software/technology experience – a plus.
- Strong business acumen, creativity and problem-solving skills combined with effective management skills, and the ability to lead through influence and integrity.
- Ability to work cooperatively at all levels across organizational boundaries to maintain the positive relationships required to accomplish Kaminario’s goals.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Flexibility and capability to quickly adapt to new demands. Ability to work in a dynamic, demanding and high-growth environment.
- Organized and methodical, with a structured, data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Highly experienced with Salesforce.com.
- Willing to travel as required (~10%)
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience with sustained leadership and growth in sales operations roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/CPA/CFA a plus.
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must have experience with multi-channel B2B sales organizations.
- Experience in software, SaaS company strongly preferred but not required.