Survey | Kansas City, MO | Full Time
At Jviation we are engineers, surveyors, planners and construction managers providing utmost service to transportation clients. Jviation is looking for a Surveyor I to join our Kansas City, MO office to provide support to the survey team by assisting with processing and verification of survey data, preparation of survey drawings, as-builts and construction stakeout deliverables. The successful candidate should at least have a High School Diploma or GED with 0-1 year of experience and willingness to travel at a minimum of 80% away from KC. At Jviation we promote a team-oriented environment to deliver comprehensive consulting services to best serve the client’s unique needs. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Jviation has offices in Salt Lake City, Utah; St. George, Utah; Provo, Utah; Kansas City, Missouri; ;Jefferson City, Missouri; Cincinnati, Ohio; San Jose, California and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations and other geodetic measurements.
- Travel to project sites throughout the regions; extended hours and overnight stays are required.
- Associated Degree in Land Surveying Technology and/or a Bachelor's Degree in a related field together with at least 15 credit hours of land surveying that include at a minimum; Us Public Lands, GPS for Land Surveyors and/or Geodesy, Writing, Land Descriptions, Route Surveying and ethics.
- Professional Registration: May be and LSIT or EIT
- Basic knowledge of field surveying or engineering helpful
- Basic familiarity of GIS and Surveying software
- Ability and willingness to travel at a minimum 80% away from the KC office
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening
- At least 1 year of field survey experience
- UAS experience
- Aviation experience
- AutoCAD drafting experience
- Trimble Equipment and Software experience
- Jviation offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid Life insurance, Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability
- 401K, Paid Personal Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance