Data Engineer Lead
Delivery & Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Jumpshot is a marketing analytics company that helps marketers understand their customer’s entire online lives by analyzing clickstream data from its 100-million customer panel, covering active users in 188 countries on both desktop and mobile. From the key sources of traffic to a site, to the browsing and buying behavior on a site, to where customers go once they’ve left a site, our products reveal the entire customer journey. Jumpshot tracks more than 160 billion monthly clicks, helping companies know what their customers are doing anywhere, anytime they’re online.
We are seeking a Data Engineer Lead who will utilize strong analytical and programming skills to provide data used to execute and optimize Client and Customer acquisition. The position deliverables include insights from big data deep dives, development of a wide variety of automated reporting structures, analysis of consumer browsing behavior, and more. A strong programming background is a must, along with a passion for data with seemingly unlimited potential.
- Extract, validate, transform and summarize data generated from databases and big data structures such as the Hadoop distributed file system
- Analyze business metrics in order to correlate and model data against it
- Support team members with translating customer requirements into detailed implementation approach
- Design/create data repository as needed to store and track data
- Deliver data and insights for customers
- Review other’s code to quickly diagnose incorrect and inefficient queries
- Oversee and manage the work of others
- Bachelor's degree; Computer Science
- 3+ years programming/scripting languages Scala, Python and SQL
- Experience with business development and business metrics
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with database structures, SQL
- Experience working on the command line, Linux
- Understanding of internet fundamentals such as URL structure, HTML is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate solutions clearly and effectively
- Can-do attitude with a service-oriented approach, curiosity and investigative mindset
- Enjoys working with others to help them identify and overcome roadblocks in their progress advanced working knowledge of SQL (HQL a plus)
Jumpshot is located in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco, right near AT&T Park, Caltrain, Muni, and lots of restaurants and bars. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), regular lunches, and more! We offer the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.jumpshot.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.