Supply Chain | Greenville, SC | Full Time
If you are looking to become part of a growing organization to drive growth make a difference, this could be the right fit for you! The position is located in Greenville, SC and JTEKT offers health and welfare benefits, eligibility for an annual bonus, 401k match, cafe onsite and Friday food trucks!
The Sourcing Engineer will focus on electronics purchasing and be responsible for the creation, issuance, and evaluation of Supplier Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) packages.
- Become familiar with primary cost drivers of assigned commodities, and communicate them internally to ensure optimum design release at the time of sourcing decision.
- Research and understand market trends, generate a benchmark on the assigned commodity to develop a Make vs. Buy analysis, and understand the impact of technology on the product.
- Create Commodity Strategy for Key Commodities.
- Evaluate commodity and suppliers to determine what type of agreement required for each supplier. Draft, negotiate and implement the decided level of the contract.
- Identify cost reduction activities from the beginning of the product design stage, through the production life of the product purchased.
- Negotiate with suppliers to accomplish the Should Be/Target pricing he or she has determined to be market competitive for component piece price, tooling cost, etc.
- Support the Supplier Advancement Engineer in VA/VE and Kaizen supplier workshops by defining cost reduction targets and negotiating cost-sharing rules with suppliers.
- Manage Supplier Risk by reporting Quarterly KPIs to each Key Supplier.
- Accountable for the overall performance of suppliers and their Quality, Cost and Delivery performance.
- Generate a map of Supplier Processes including Bekido and Chokko rates at the time of quotation and confirm quoted rates are occurring.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a project(s).
- Advanced ability to read drawings.
- Ability to identify critical purchasing related issues, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve complex procurement associated problems creatively.
- Ability to understand and anticipate technical issues and interface internally and with suppliers to implement corrective actions at the earliest possible stage.
- Ability to function successfully with considerable latitude and require technical guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues.
- Ability to work in a participative management environment and maintain a drive for the accomplishment of responsibilities.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word, and Access.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, with little or no notice.
- Knowledge of applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental management systems.
- Professional certification is a plus, but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree is required, electrical engineering preferred.
- 2+ years of experience having been in an automotive purchasing, engineering, or supply chain position where you worked directly with suppliers to drive down costs.
- must have a strong technical aptitude and very familiar with electronic components.
JTEKT is a global organization, with a diversified customer base, and manufactures bearings, steering driveline components and machinery. We produce a wide lineup of steering systems for vehicles of all sizes, from compact cars to large SUV's. Our advanced technologies promote driveline systemization and modularization. Our goal is to continue to implement innovations.
Come and get your career in motion and become part of One JTEKT!