Production Engineering Manager
Engineering | Vonore, TN | Full Time
JTEKT Corporation was established in January 2006 through the merger of Koyo Seiko Co., Ltd., a world-class bearing manufacturer, and Toyoda Machine Works, Ltd., a machine tool manufacturer excelling in cutting edge machining technologies. Combining the most advanced technologies and the manufacturing expertise of both companies, today JTEKT delivers innovative products that satisfy the most demanding customers all over the world.
We have consistently ranked in the top 20 (out of 100 ranked) automotive suppliers globally.
Highly detailed oriented, Production Engineering Manager with strong project management skills apply today! Growing manufacturing facility of automotive components near Maryville, TN has a critical need.
Not only do you have to be uber detailed, but as the Production Engineering Manager for this company you also need to be comfortable in machining and being ‘out on the floor’ to actively manage the machining and assembly group. Some of the duties:
· Staying on top of new manufacturing processes and technologies which may enhance the manufacturing process.
· Focus on manufacturing processes for new technology being designed.
· Guide and manage process engineers in preparing routings, operational drawings, and control plans.
· Participates in the selection of suppliers for outside processes and tooling.
· Capacity planning and capital equipment purchases of equipment partnering with corporate planning group.
· Supporting QA as necessary on setup inspection, final inspection, or any inspection technique through manufacturing engineers
· Manages and trains manufacturing engineers to support existing equipment as well as on new equipment purchased.
· Support APQP process, as well as other quality, health, safety, and environmental procedures.
BS in Engineering or closely related discipline with experience within automotive industrial manufacturing environment with supervision responsibilities.
Self-motivated, with strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Management, launch, production, manufacturing, machining and assembly, strategic
- JTEKT offers competitive compensation, annual bonus eligibility, and comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
At JTEKT we are Building Value, Building Excellent Products, and Building Professionals through the spirit of No. 1 & only one.