Web Development | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Let’s face it. You’re a hot commodity. Everyone wants your talents as a software engineer. So, why would you want to come work with us? Our profitable, privately held company has a window of opportunity to build some amazing game-changing products in the $130 billion recruitment marketplace. By joining our engineering team, you will have the ability to make a direct impact with the work that you produce and go to sleep at night proud of what you’ve released. We have a great family culture without the political games of a large corporation or the instability of a startup. Don’t be a faceless/voiceless coder, but rather someone who is appreciated for their contribution. Come join the team in our South Norwalk office which is walking distance from the Metro North station.
- Deliver new first-to-market recruitment advertising web applications using PHP
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define and document technical specifications for new features and enhancements
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Have the ability to be (on occasion) a full stack developer - UI development, SQL development and everything in between. The design, architecture, database, and operations team will help fill in the gaps, but you are responsible for delivery
- Be the point of contact to work with and support JobTarget’s remote offices that will provide support for the new products and features you build
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field / experience
- 5+ years of total experience and 7-9+ for Sr. Software Engineer role
- 3+ years’ experience in web development with a scripting or web focused language (PHP, Coldfusion, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET)
- Experience with relation databases – SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Familiar with Linux (Ubuntu) environments or able to quickly adopt to it
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with software as a service, service oriented architecture, component based design
- Experience building and using various APIs and Web services (XML-RPC, REST, HR-XML)
- Experience with
- Zend Server, Zend framework, Composer
- Apache ActiveMQ, Rabbit MQ, Gearman, Stream processing
- Lucene Solr, Couchbase, MongoDB.
- SolarWinds Orion, ExtraHop, StatsD, Zabbix, etc.
Founded in 2001, JobTarget is a privately held company based in Connecticut employing over 250 employees across offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. We make the complex processes of finding jobs and recruiting talent more efficient. Our Career Center product provides a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, word-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform, OneClick, posts tens of thousands of jobs per day on behalf of over 100,000 employers, recruitment advertising firms, and recruitment ad agencies. JobTarget has grown over 600% since 2007 and has been recognized for its commitment to innovation with a spot in the Connecticut Tech Top 40 every year since 2008.
JobTarget is an Inc. 5000 company and an Equal Opportunity Employer.