Software Developer - Analytics
Web Development | Stamford, CT | Full Time
Who We Are
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We are a 12 year old, privately held company based in Connecticut with over 200 employees across offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We make the complex process of finding jobs and recruiting talent more efficient. Our recruitment advertising platform, OneClick, posts tens of thousands of jobs every day on behalf of over 100,000 employers and recruitment advertising agencies. JobTarget has grown over 600% since 2007 and has been recognized for its commitment to innovation with a spot in the Connecticut Tech Top 40 every year since 2008.
We're looking for an innovative developer who can architect new cutting edge systems and help drive our business forward. This is an opportunity to make an immediate impact and take a hands-on role in designing new cloud-based high-availability applications. You'll need to be well-versed in industry best practices and help guide our internal teams to adapt to the designs you create.
In this role, you will focus primarily on back-end development spanning multiple technologies, but you'll also be asked to chip in on the front end. We will look to you for strong analytical and reporting skills and continuous suggestions for new and better ways to meet our internal and external customers' needs. Additionally, you will be conceptualizing, designing and developing reports hosted on the platform to enable users to make real-time decisions in the field.
You'll be central to a dynamic and changing environment, contribute inventive ideas and generally be one of our our core contributing developers. We have a ton of development work to do and we are very excited to have you jump in.
• Have full ownership of maintaining, expanding, and scaling our in-house analytics platform
• Conceptualize, design and develop reports to enable users to make data-driven decisions
• Analyze data and present results in meaningful, insightful, and innovative ways
• Communicate with other departments to design new reports and improve older ones
• Write efficient SQL queries, views and stored procedures
• Test SQL and python data models to ensure stability
• Maintain reports with data validation and scalability checks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing web applications using PHP MVC frameworks. Experience with Zend is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing efficient SQL statements
- Strong understanding of security, session management, and best development practices for a web platform
- Good knowledge on Relational Database platforms and NOSQL technologies
- Experience with working on a large scale data collection and analysis implementation
- Eagerness to learn new processes
- Ability to adapt, grow, and adjust to different demands
- Ability to juggle competing requests and reconcile conflicting desires from multiple constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically based on the company’s forward vision. Every member of the Analytics team must be able to operate independently at some level, so understanding the company’s strategy and vision and how that fits into your daily tasks is a must
- Experience using Hadoop or other big data technologies is a plus
- Experience working with Agile sprint planning preferred
JobTarget is a Fortune 5000 company and an Equal Opportunity Employer.