Web Development | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Who We Are:
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We provide a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, and word-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform connects over 100,000 employers, recruitment advertising firms and recruitment ad agencies to pools of candidates tailored for their industries.
We are a 12 year old company with offices in New London and Norwalk CT and operations in India and Philippines. Our PHP Architect will work from our Norwalk office.
Who You Are:
You know PHP and you know the web. You have at least ten years of experience in web development and at least five years of experience working with PHP in a architecture role, building and maintaining highly available, public-facing applications. Scalability, performance, fault tolerance, and object oriented design patterns are your bread and butter.
You are comfortable in Windows, proficient with Transact SQL in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and the Linux console does not frighten you, either. You write standards-compliant markup by hand and understand the considerations of the application front-end, even if you aren’t writing it yourself.
What the Job Is:
We are migrating our existing platform – comprised of two major product lines and several smaller product lines - from ColdFusion to PHP. In this role you will be responsible for working with the CTO to define, document, and build scalable products, features, and API interfaces in PHP. You will also be expected to assist in and perform code reviews; write, maintain, and enforce PHP best practices guidelines; and mentor existing developers as they transition to PHP.
- 11-12 years total experience
- 5+ years experience in developing architecture for n-tier systems comprising of Web Services, queuing infrastructure in an eCommerce environment.
- 3+ years experience in design documentation, analyzing, defining and documentation processes for application interfaces with internal and external systems
- Strong analysis, design and development and testing skills required; usage of best practices in PHP development and architectural design patterns
- BS degree in computer sciences, information systems, related field or comparable experience
- Self-motivated, thorough, articulate, detail oriented, creative, personable, and team player
- Experience with Subversion, Mercurial (or similar DVCS), Apache ActiveMQ, Lucene Solr, Zend Server, SolarWinds Orion, or ExtraHop is an added bonus.
JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer.