Mid-Level PHP Engineer
Web Development | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Who We Are
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We provide a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, word-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform connects over 100,000 employers, recruitment advertising firms, and recruitment ad agencies to pools of candidates tailored for their industries.
We are a 12 year old company headquartered in New London, CT with an office in Norwalk, CT and operations in the Philippines.
Who You Are
You know PHP and you know the web. You have at least five years of experience or more in web development and at least two years of experience working with PHP, building and maintaining highly available, public-facing eCommerce applications.
You are comfortable in Windows, worked with Transact SQL in Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and the Linux console does not frighten you, either. You write standards-compliant markup by hand and understand the considerations of the application front-end, even if you aren’t writing it yourself.
Experience with Subversion, Mercurial (or similar DVCS), Apache ActiveMQ, Lucene Solr, Zend Server, SolarWinds Orion, or ExtraHop are an added bonus.
We are migrating our existing platform, comprising two major product lines and several smaller product lines, from ColdFusion to PHP. In this role you will be responsible for working with the Architect to define, document, and build scalable products, features, and API interfaces in PHP.
- 5+ years total experience
- 2-3 years experience in developing code for n-tier systems comprising of Web Services in an eCommerce environment.
- Strong analysis, design and development and testing skills required; usage of best practices in PHP development and architectural design patterns
- BS degree in computer sciences, information systems, related field or comparable experience
- Self-motivated, thorough, articulate, detail oriented, creative, personable, and team player
JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer.