Jr. Systems Administrator
IT | New London, CT | Full Time
JobTarget is a Connecticut-based Internet company that focuses on the job search and recruitment space. We are about 250 people spanning across offices in New London CT, Norwalk CT, Cebu PHI, and London UK. Our technology helps companies market their job openings to specific audiences of talent. Our recruitment advertising platform connects over 100,000 employers, recruitment advertising firms and recruitment ad agencies to pools of candidates tailored for their industries. For the past 5 years we have been named to the Connecticut Technology Council’s Tech Top 40 list, and we've grown 600% since 2007.
Our growth has been spurred by the development and launch of solutions that include online niche job sites, job posting distribution, recruitment analytics, virtual career fairs, and more. We are actively expanding our product offerings and creating new ways for employers and candidates to connect and engage.
As part of that growth, we are looking to expand our team - particularly in the IT group.
- Provide desk-side desktop support for 70-100 end users in two offices, plus remote employees
- Manage hardware builds, repairs and maintenance
- Build and maintain desktop images
- Maintain inventory throughout the US offices, data centers and for remote workers.
- Perform upgrades, installs and configurations of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot information technology issues including software, hardware, and networking
- Perform installs and updates on desktops, laptops, peripherals, networks, and related software
- Support Windows Active Directory, user creation/modification, DNS, DHCP
- Support Windows, Linux and application backups. Manage massive data sets of long term archival storage.
- Provide support for troubleshooting of issues related to critical infrastructure components, and customer facing issues (production environment)
- Perform ongoing maintenance and management of systems infrastructure, including basic administration tasks and hardware/software maintenance
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of applications, systems and equipment
- Experience supporting Windows 2000/XP/7 in a networked environment and MS Office 2007 / 2010 / 2013
- Experience with Office 365 Enterprise in a mix mode (onsite and off) is a plus
- Experience with VMware ESX/ESXi server a must
- Experience with supporting/administering Linux servers
- Experience with Apache/PHP/MySQL/LDAP implementation and support
- Support of a 24/7 hosting environment
- Experience backup technologies
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience in support of large scale websites highly desirable
- Mix of Linux/Windows/Networking/VMware is ideal
- Networking experience is a big plus
o Cisco ASA firewalls
o Cisco Load balancers
o Cisco Switches
o High Available cluster support
- Windows Admin/support experience is also a big plus
o Windows 2003/2008 Server
o Windows MS SQL server/Exchange/AD
o Windows clustering
- SAN – support/implementation is a plus
- IT security experience is another plus
- Experience in working in ITIL environments is another plus
JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer.