IT Project Manager
Web Development | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We are a 12 year old, privately held company based in Connecticut with over 250 employees across offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We make the complex process of finding jobs and recruiting talent more efficient. Our Job Board product provides a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, world-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform, OneClick, posts tens of thousands of jobs every day on behalf of over 100,000 employers and recruitment advertising agencies. JobTarget has grown over 600% since 2007 and has been recognized for its commitment to innovation with a spot in the Connecticut Tech Top 40 every year since 2008.
We’re looking for a Software Release & Sustaining Engineering Manager to help take our products and services to the next level. The successful candidate will have core competencies in both Quality Engineering and Release Management.
Your Sustaining Engineering responsibilities revolve around planning and implementing functional tests, defining the delivery pipeline and its quality gates, and designing and building test automation. You’ll work closely with developers, operations and external partners to define requirement and exit criteria for our services and solutions.
Your Software Release responsibilities are focused on driving release execution throughout the lifecycle of each release – including the delivery of multiple services to multiple data centers. You’ll work with program, quality and development managers as well as service managers to define and manage the release schedule while minimizing risks and ensuring release and live site quality. You’ll balance release schedules with dependencies to deliver business goals.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and management skills and be able to engage across teams to drive meaningful solutions.
- Develop and maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners
- Manage offshore development projects
- Manage dev and qa environments
- Identify release scope and ensure release package compatibility
- Identify and track key metrics
- Communicate schedule, activities and status
- Manage multiple releases simultaneously
- Track and communicate release issues and risks
- Build and execute on mitigation strategies
- Help resolve critical cross-group technical or project issues that impact the release
- Create release documentation and communication
- Ensure all release documentation is finalized at the release sign-off
- Identify and implement improvements in the current release process
- Build effective relationships with engineering leaders and key stakeholders
- Interact with other organizations and functional teams to identify and coordinate dependencies between systems and to determine release requirements in pre- and post-release phases
You will interact with Engineering by
- Ensuring that all services and components are timely signed off on and ready for production
- Ensuring that the current state of release items are categorized and accurate (test complete/incomplete, automation verified, etc.)
You will interact with Production Deployment Operations by:
- Ensuring production deployment to all data centers according to release schedules and production deployment plans
- Managing migrations and/or backup plan in case of problems
- Ensuring that all packages for signed-off services and components are created and ready for hand-off to Production Deployment Operations
- 3+ years in program management or project management in a Product Development environment
- Ability to write processes for offshore developers re hand-off of code to US developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, fast learner