Dev Ops Lead Engineer
IT | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We are a 12 year old, privately held company based in Connecticut with over 250 employees across offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We make the complex process of finding jobs and recruiting talent more efficient. Our Job Board product provides a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, world-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform, OneClick, posts tens of thousands of jobs every day on behalf of over 100,000 employers and recruitment advertising agencies. JobTarget has grown over 600% since 2007 and has been recognized for its commitment to innovation with a spot in the Connecticut Tech Top 40 every year since 2008.
We're looking for an engineer to lead a small Developer Operations team. The team is responsible for all third party applications, monitoring, performance review / audits and integrations. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with good written and oral communication skills. A strong technical background in Linux administration as well as software development is required for this role. This person will be responsible for project delivery as well as daily task work.
- Team leader – responsible for overseeing project delivery and supervising the daily work activities of the DevOps team
- Setup and manage all third party applications
- Create custom monitoring for third party applications as well as in-house software
- Performance monitoring of in house systems and software
- Third party software integration
- Act as a deployment manager and responsible for code deployments, approval, rollbacks
- Configuration management, automation of builds / configurations
- Help develop APIs and standards for development teams to use in their software
- Experienced in a system engineer role in large scale production environments with strong Linux administrator skills
- Scripting and programming experience, Ruby / Python / PHP / Perl / ETC
- Hands on experience some or all of: git, SVN, Chef/Puppet, Cfengine
- Some experience with setup and administration of common open source products: Solr, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Apache, tomcat, MySQL, Hadoop, Varnish, GearMan, Chronos, Git, Memcached etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Third party software integrations – SalesForce experience a plus
- Review of code performance and tuning
- Experience with software and network security best practices
- Strong understanding of Network technologies (Firewall, Load balancers etc.), DNS, web server security and other technologies such as caching, monitoring and performance tuning a plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong team leader who can give good written and oral directions and see projects through to completion
JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer