Web Development | Norwalk, CT | Full Time
Who We Are:
At JobTarget, technology is at the core of our business. We provide a web-based, hosted job board platform to professional and trade associations, publishers, and word-class companies and entrepreneurs. Our recruitment advertising platform connects over 100,000 employers, recruitment advertising firms and recruitment ad agencies to pools of candidates tailored for their industries.
We are a 12 year old company with offices in New London CT, Norwalk CT and operations in India and Philippines. Our Data Architect could work in New London or Norwalk.
What the Job Is:
- Manage the implementation of data governance initiatives, including test data management, data privacy and data lifecycle management
- Create and maintain enterprise-level data architecture artifacts including entities and relationships models and data dictionary
- Support development team in data analysis, data modeling and data architecture design
- Provide guidance and mentoring to development staff in data-related areas
- Oversee the creation and evolution of architecture deliverables, including services, frameworks, templates, taxonomies, tools, standards, guidelines and best practices that support the delivery of solutions
- Work with application designers and project managers to identify business and data requirements
- Write SQL to explore source data, data quality issues, etc.
- Ensure compliance to documented IT standards and industry specific regulations
- Formulates data architecture standards, processes and procedures
- Analyze existing databases and identify opportunities for data consolidation and design improvement
- Data design and modeling experience in a multi-server, ecommerce based production environment
- 6+ years’ experience as a Data Modeler, Data Architect in highly transactional environment
- Experience with full lifecycle project experience in developing transactional and DW solutions as an architect\Data Modeler
- Solid understanding of SQL Server 2005\08, Reporting Services, Integration Services, application development, and database design
- Experience developing and supporting SQL databases and non-technical end-users
- Experience providing non-technical end-users data and metadata load tools to target SQL databases
- Excellent data modeling and analysis skills
- Expert skills in identifying and capturing business rules and business requirements
- Proven skills in the design, development and maintenance of data models
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer.