Sales Development Representative
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
- JobScore is an online network that privately matches people and jobs.
- Over 1000 employers use JobScore to manage their hiring and we process 1M+ job applications per year on their behalf.
- JobScore is based in San Francisco, CA. We have some sports fans on our team.
- We get fired up when we help our customers get better at hiring.
- Articulate, charming, and a great active listener. Some folks tell you you're good at sales. You think of yourself a consultant. Friends and co-workers just think you're awesome.
- Detail oriented multi-tasker: Keep track of lots of things without dropping the ball? That's you.
- Technically savvy: You enjoy working with technology and learning how it can be applied to make people's lives easier.
- Not a rookie. Not a veteran. You're self-aware, eager to learn and ready to take your career to the next level.
- Unflappable: A little bit of conflict is okay and sometimes the ingredient that makes things awesome.
- You love working with customers and have a contagious sense of enthusiasm.
About the Opportunity
- Other companies call this role Marketing Qualification Representative (MQR), Marketing Response Representative (MRR), Lead Response Rep, Inbound Sales, Sales Development Representative (SDR), Inside Sales or Account Executive. Why don't we use those job titles? Because teeing people up for sales is not the exclusive goal of this role - it's to ask questions, listen, learn and share sensible, direct truth.
- Figure out how companies recruit and quantify the pain that caused them to contact us. Add value by helping them address that pain. Usually that means helping to on-board them, connecting them with a more knowledgeable teammate or pointing them at a different product / solution.
- Learn from a great team that's built a product that many people use, love and care deeply about.
- Work directly with experienced software folks (CEO, CTO, Head of Success) who know how to get things done.
- Climb a steep learning curve so you can take on more responsibility and make more of an impact.
- Help refine our customer engagement strategy and offerings based on what you learn.
- Apply what you learn about recruiting technology and process to help companies eliminate busywork and improve performance.
- Review: Respond to a high volume of inbound calls, emails and chat requests in a timely fashion
- Qualify: Talk to companies who express interest in JobScore and ensure we respond appropriately.
- Discover: Engage with qualified prospects to understand their hiring needs and current hiring process.
- Consult: Answer questions and make recommendations.
- Coordinate: Gather information, set agendas and schedule follow ups.
- Demonstrate: Share your screen and show how JobScore can add value and solve problems.
- Activate: On-board companies with simple self-service needs.
- Retain: Be awesome to help ensure people stick with us and refer their friends.
- Enthusiastic about recruiting & its challenges: You'll enjoy talking to people about what their company does, their team composition and how they hire. 1+ year working hands on as an in-house recruiter would be a huge plus.
- Process orientated and organized: You've used a CRM, ATS or other software tool to improve your productivity. You don't think updating well-configured tools is a necessary evil - it's an integral part of what makes you successful.
- The gift of gab: You are unusually likable and entertaining. You enjoy talking to people and they enjoy talking to you.
- Business writing acumen: You excel at writing friendly, concise emails with logical, sequential bullet points that drive action.
- Technical inclination: You like computers & software. Helping people learn how to use technology makes you feel good.
- Ethical and helpful: You live by the golden rule and know first hand that following it pays long-term dividends.