Product Activation Content Creator
Customer Success | San Francisco, CA | Part Time, Contract, and Temp to Full Time
JobScore is a mature web-based Applicant Tracking System that is used by employers to run the hiring process from start to finish. Our software has been in the market for over 10 years and is used by hundreds of employers. Our product is designed to be used by every member of a hiring team including recruiters, HR professionals, hiring managers, executives, and rank-and-file interviewers.
About the gig
We are rebuilding our activation experience and training materials from the ground up. We have already identified the core personas and the experiences we want to train people on. We even have a rough outline of the lessons we’d like created and what needs to be in them.
We are looking for someone with experience creating self-service training and activation materials including videos, checklists, in-app tutorials (using a tool like Appcues, Walkme, or Intercom), as well as RTFM long-form help center articles.
You'll be the owner of the self-service activation and training experience for our platform. You'll write most of the content yourself. We will supplement your amazing talents with in-house and third-party visual design, motion graphics, and video editing resources.
We would prefer that you work at least 20 hours a week on this project in the first month to kick things off. We anticipate the project will last many, many months. Our founders are based in San Francisco, CA (where we have an office) but most of our team members work remotely - and we’d be happy to have you do so as well. You will certainly work with our CEO/Head of product Dan Arkind, and Emily Lippe, who got the project off the ground but are ready to hand it off to a professional.
There is no target pay rate for this project, if you feel qualified, please send us links to relevant, similar content you created and your rate.
- Make complex & powerful things seem simple and easy
- Craft enjoyable and entertaining experiences
- Polish existing lesson outlines
- Write scripts and storyboards that will be used by others to create visual design & video assets
- Write long-form instructional materials following a “screenshots with boxes & arrows” pattern
- Use modern tools and technology to make awesome things quickly
- Have a point of view. Defend it, preferably using logic & data.
- You are a native English speaker & copywriting / content creation is your profession. It has been for a while. Other people have referred to your knack for writing concise, entertaining copy as your "superpower.” Your mom counts.
- You enjoy working independently and remotely. While check-in meetings are fun and all, you are good at actively listening; efficiently gathering information through research & interviews; and then quickly turning data into terse, polished assets.
- Your work speaks for itself. Your interview process will consist of us reviewing your portfolio and you asking us questions. We’re looking for someone to create materials that are as good or better than anything they've done before.
- You are not afraid of new technology, and enjoy mastering it. You have an innate ability to explain technology to non-technical people and have them both "get it" and "love it."
- This isn't your first rodeo. You've published entertaining and useful materials for a business or consumer software company. You understand the different roles at a software product company (sales, marketing, product, success, engineering) and how to work with each audience.
- You've worked with other content creation specialists that you enjoy collaborating with who make your work even more awesome - and they are champing at the bit to work with you again.