Software Engineering Intern
Software Development | Tempe, AZ | Internship
J. Lott & Co. has a very unique role for a hedge fund internship. This is a paid internship which will require approximately 20 hours per week at the company’s offices in Tempe, near ASU.
As a Software engineering Intern, you will be an active part of our development team and contribute to our hedge fund and family offices.
• Design and implement new features and perform code reviews
• Develop, test and maintain scalable and responsive applications
• Devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality
• Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
• Ensure proper documentation exists for assigned products
• Research and resolve complex problems as they arise
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, AWS)
• Strong technologist who can anticipate issues/opportunities and build solutions
• Software engineering practices, philosophies, and techniques
• Enrollment or obtaining a degree preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or highly technical program.
1. Prepare a detailed cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this very unique role.
2. Include your college transcripts. An unofficial copy is okay for the application process.
3. Finalists will go through an extensive reference and background checking process.
4. Initial interview will be online, subsequent interview(s) for finalists will be in-person.
• Please note: in-person interviews will include technical evaluations.
This is NOT a remote position. No agencies please.