Sr/Lead Ruby Engineer
Engineering | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Sr/Lead Engineer – Ruby/JS, Audience team @ NinthDecimal.
NinthDecimal continues to advance its position as a leader in the Marketing and Advertising industry. We deliver best-in-class Measurement, Insights and Analytics by deploying advanced data science methodologies on data sets of massive scale. Our new platform (called Location Graph) offers capabilities to create and target custom audience segments at scale. It is based on the history of past and present location data connected and matched to various 3rd party data sources. As a result, the platform can derive in real time (tens of thousands of requests per second) whether an ad request comes from a mom, a student, middle age male who is a business traveler and dozens of other profiles. We deal with 10+ billions of signals from mobile devices every day. The Audience arm of the company is using this data to create and distribute highly targeted custom audiences that help brands reach the right consumers.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for delivery of the Audience Product roadmap, evolution of the architecture and leading a small team. You will work closely with other engineers, the Product team, various business units, and other engineering teams. The tools and solutions that Audience team builds drives substantial business with external clients and allows internal teams to automate core business processes. Technology stack used in the Audience team is: Ruby 2.3-2.4 on rails 4.x, CoffeeScript, Sass, Rspec, Capibara, Ransack, Devise, Migrations, jQuery, Bootstrap, mysql, RESTful APIs. The full stack used by this and other engineering teams includes: Kubernetes, Docker, scala/python/java based microservices, Akka, Spark.
The responsibilities for this position include these activities:
- Partner with the Product Owner for Audience team to maintain the backlog and spec out stories
- Participate in Sprint ceremonies
- Ensure on-time delivery of tickets
- Conduct and coordinate releases
- Maintain 85%+ code coverage with tests
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the Engineering Department
- Provide leadership in the team working with onsite and offshore engineers
- A true passion for best user experience and employing best engineering practices
- Being a team player, NinthDecimal is not a good place for genius lone wolfs
- 3+ years’ experience as a Ruby on Rails engineer
- Experience with full stack and backend technologies and systems
- Familiarity with the digital media / advertising industry is a big plus