Sr. Data Scientist
Engineering | San Francisco Bay Area | Full Time
Senior Data Scientist @ NinthDecimal.
NinthDecimal (www.ninthdecimal.com) provides location-based intelligence to help advertisers plan, manage, measure, and optimize multi-platform cross-media campaigns to drive customer and revenue growth. As an industry leader in the AdTech & MarTech space, NinthDecimal delivers best-in-class measurement, insights, and analytics by deploying patented big data methodologies on a cutting-edge technology platform.
Our LocationGraph™ platform processes data on a massive scale, converting tens of billions of signals per day into accurate and actionable insights for our clients. We provide location-based intelligence services for top brands across industry verticals including retail, travel, leisure & entertainment, fast food & casual dining, telecommunications, and automotive.
As a member of the Data Science team, you’ll be responsible for developing statistical and machine-learning models that deliver accurate and robust measurement metrics of interest to our advertising clients. You will work closely with other data scientists, data analysts, product & engineering teams, and other business units. This is a great opportunity to work with real world data at scale and to help define and shape the measurement standards in a very dynamic and evolving industry.
- Develop & deploy statistical & machine learning models at scale to create high quality disruptive products
- Contribute to our growing portfolio of data science and technology patents
- Establish robust processes to insure the accuracy, stability, reproducibility, and overall quality of all data, algorithms, and the results they produce.
- Represent Data Science team in product and roadmap design sessions
- Participate in building reliable QA processes for both data and results
- Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the Engineering Department.
- Understand the current data sets and models and provide thought leadership by discovering new ways to enrich and use our massive data assets
- A true passion for data, data quality, research and a solid data science approach
- Masters or Ph.D.in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or similar quantitative field
- At least 5 to 10 years of professional experience with clear career progression and demonstrated success at developing models that drive business value
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present methodologies and findings to audiences with varying technical background
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics
- Solid understanding of research design, A/B and test-vs-control statistical testing frameworks
- Solid understanding of unsupervised and supervised machine learning approaches including clustering and classification techniques.
- Experience in building Machine Learning models (GLM, SVM, Bayesian Methods, Tree Based Methods, Neural Networks)
- Solid understanding of how to assess the quality of machine learning models – including the ability to tune and optimize models and to diagnose and correct problems.
- Experience working with multiple data types including numerical, categorical, and count data.
- A driven leader, able to manage competing priorities and drive projects forward in a dynamic and fast paced business environment.
- Experienced/Advanced programmer in Scala, Python, or similar programming languages
- Experienced/Advanced Programmer in Spark, SQL, and Hadoop
- Experience in developing algorithms and building models based on TB-scale data
- Familiarity with the digital media / advertising industry is a big plus